Old 06-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Performance Boating License

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Ditto on both points.
Last year i was hit in my car while going straight inthe right lane by a guy in a Lexus SC (POS) with his family in the car including a baby in a baby seat.
Somehow i was found to be HALF responsible. I know M*******s hate jersey guys in vettes but this is F**kin ridiculous. If the people at fault were forced to pay for what they screwed up insurance would be a lot better.
On a plus note, when some drunk kid tried to steal my boat he ended up paying over 3000 or damages caused cuz he was a moron. although i wish i cought him and knocked his dumb a$$ into the canal. I cant imagine what would have happened to my insurance if i put a claim in.

What you are talking about is called "no fault" insurance. Years ago, 20 or 30 I think, insurance companies and politicians got together and decided to split costs in accidents without determining fault. At the time, you had to wait to have your car fixed until they decided who's fault it was. That way it could be determined how much each company paid. Your insurance company would not lay out funds if it wasn't your fault, That meant investigations, law suits, court proccedings and lastly higher rates tied to these expenses. You should be glad there is no fault as all cars get fixed super fast which means you are back on the road faster.

Last edited by nolimits; 06-22-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Looks like most folks think a license is what people need....
Old 06-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nolimits,
i know about no fault insurance, that what they have in jersey, i guess its the same way in MA. I still had to pay half my deductible though for getting hitl. I hate no fault insurance. My body shop gets the job done fast whether im paying for it or inurance, and for that my whole family sends their cars to them. my insurance also went up which is complete BS.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Registered

oh is there no fault insurance onthe water too? or is it decided by the individual states?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Nolimits,
i know about no fault insurance, that what they have in jersey, i guess its the same way in MA. I still had to pay half my deductible though for getting hitl. I hate no fault insurance. My body shop gets the job done fast whether im paying for it or inurance, and for that my whole family sends their cars to them. my insurance also went up which is complete BS.
I agree. You would have to sue for your deductible.... who'd do that. Still no fault speeds what was a mess years ago. The guy that screws up and causes the accident ultimately does get a percentage of blame which I believe effects his rates...
Old 06-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

oh is there no fault insurance onthe water too? or is it decided by the individual states?
Don't know, but don't think so. I have never used it, I just pay it... and pay it.... and
Old 08-15-2004, 02:49 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Only My 2 Cents. If Seen Too Many New Boaters Reg & Hi Performance With No Brains!! Something Has To Be Done. Even If New & Old Boaters Have To Take A Test Like Cars. It May Cut Down Wrecks, Insurance Prices, Etc. I Will Be The First In Line To Take It If It Will Help.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

liscencing will NEVER lower insurance rates. If the insurance interests lobby for it, they'll do so supposedly to keep increases "to a minimum"...yea right! As settlement costs and overall values continue to go up, so will rates, period. You're gonna pay the same outrageous premiums, do so without big brother along for the ride.

Not to mention big brother will see the process as a cash cow, and milk it for all it's worth.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

what doesnt make any sense to me is that here in Jersey in order to operate a PWC you need to take a class but if you have enuff $$$ you can go buy a 42 skater that'll run well over 125mph and the day they pick it up have absolutely ZERO idea how to run this boat. on the other hand you may have owned numerous V-bottoms now ya wanna go to a cat but have no idea how to really run one. i believe that not only for there sake but also for everyone else's there should definately be a class/course of some sort. i would sign up right now just because...
Old 08-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

WILDTHING TAZ I"M WITH YA 100%...and i've lived on the water for 30 years and have been boating for almost 20 and have owned over 12 different styles of boats and everyone is different. there should definatley be an actual on the water test NO DOUBT

Quick Reply: Performance Boating License

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.