Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.: (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/81962-ol-vs-fountain-time-end-b-s.html)

SummerObsession 06-24-2004 07:52 AM

OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

Lake of the Ozarks Lake Rescue Shootout is scheduled for August 27-29th this year.
Last year, Bob Russel took his OL to 138 MPH.
Callan Marine went 205.

Lots of awesome hardware running on an even playing field with multiple chances to run.

Let's see Fountain show up and run against Outerlimits this year!!!

Then the title of "Worlds fastest V-bottom" would be clear!!! :D :D

No excuses, no BS, no "I can't get my boat together in time", etc. etc. yadda, yadda. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Any bets if Fountain will show? :eek: :eek:

We'll be there all week long, I hope to see the boys duke it out.
No, I won't be holding my breath. :rolleyes: :D :D

Wild 06-24-2004 07:54 AM

Re: OL vs. Fountain: Time to end the B.S.:

If Fountain and OL agree to show up, that will be the best and most attended shootout ever.

I will be there for a long weekend as well.

Randy Wild

outer42 06-24-2004 07:56 AM

Summer Obsession,
You Mus Be Smokin Some Real Good Sh It,reggie Doesn't Have The Balls To Show Up. That's A Level Field And He's Not About That.
Great Idea Though,i'm Sure Triple Xxx Will Be There And Russel.

super termoli 06-24-2004 08:06 AM

who cares who shows up? both claim to make offshore powerboats. then go and race offshore... if they went head to head in something like miami-nassau-miami, that would catch my attention. unfortunately, no chance of running 160 there. firstly, there are strange things called waves and secondly, the excess weight of at least 3 spare engines they would need to carry to actually make it there and back...

audacity 06-24-2004 08:15 AM

i think the APBA/UIM(official kilo equipment) kilo this year would be the best/only place to put it to rest....my bet is going to be fountain will be there.

O!...if i send a picture of our max GPS speed, can i have the worlds fastest F2 claim???...i guess we'll have to run the kilo just like todd and lute did for their's.

outer42 06-24-2004 08:18 AM

SUPER,
THIS IS ABOUT A KILO TOP SPEED LIKE BACARDI AND THE REST OF THE CLASSES DO. THE SHOOT-OUT IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO PUT THIS TO A REST.
iF YOU DON'T CARE,DON'T COMMENT!!!!!!

outer42 06-24-2004 08:22 AM

JOE I SAW THE VIDEO AND RODE IN THE BOAT IN SARASOTA AT 140 PLUS FOR A SHAKE DOWN RUN BEFORE THE RUN.
dO YOU REALLY THINK REGGIE WILL SHOW AT A APBA KILO, THAT'S WHY HE WENT TO SBI SO HE CAN CHEAT AND WIN AND CLAIM FAME!!!!!!!!

Downtown42 06-24-2004 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Outer, you having nightmares again? Go get some coffee.

super termoli 06-24-2004 08:29 AM

no offense, but maybe they should call themselves something like

outerlimits - world champion kilo top speed powerboats.

i would just like to see them use their considerable talents towards something closer to what "offshore" really means. if you check out the "NY reality check" thread, I think it's pretty clear that these two have priorities which are starting to be far removed from the original idea of this sport. but that's just my opinion, once again no mean intentions...

outer42 06-24-2004 08:30 AM

None,but Reggie Does After Mike's Name Is Mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

outer42 06-24-2004 08:33 AM

SUPER, OUERLIMIITS ARE OFSHORE BOATS ASK REGGIE WHEN WILD CHILD AND ME LAPPED HIM AND JUNIOR IN MIAMI IN 6 TO 8 FOOTERS??????
I'm sure mike would run reggie anywere, on the other hand reggie needs his own rules and venue!!!!!!

knotpropr 06-24-2004 08:35 AM

Fast is fast and the fastest get the bragging rights!

super termoli 06-24-2004 08:35 AM

i guess what i'm trying to say is that rivalries like this one are good for the industry because of the creative energy that comes out of it and which inevitably causes progress. unless that energy is directed in a wrong direction...

PhantomChaos 06-24-2004 08:36 AM

Is the LOTO shootout a sanctioned Kilo run?

Downtown42 06-24-2004 08:38 AM

What is "World Champion'" doing on the OL logo? World Champion of the Hudson river?
or World Champion of GAY paint jobs. Looks all the same from Africa. Leopards, ostrich, hyenas, blah blah blah. Cigarette has got OL hands down "Just Trippin"

super termoli 06-24-2004 08:40 AM

and i really don't want to cause a stir and this will be the last thing i'll say but sometimes people are a bit generous with wave heights. i don't know if our water in europe is any different but when the coast guard over here says true 8 footers, you're not going anywhere very fast. certainly not 100+

outer42 06-24-2004 08:42 AM

downtown42,
It's funny all foutains had no paint on them then reggie jus started doing them with more paint,who follows who. they did when in key west,and didn't cheat like reggie boy!!!!!!!

outer42 06-24-2004 08:44 AM

i didn't say 100 plus,and 6 to 8 are being modest,ask anyone who raced that race. we could hardly get out governers cut.

Downtown42 06-24-2004 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by outer42
SUPER, OUERLIMIITS ARE OFSHORE BOATS ASK REGGIE WHEN WILD CHILD AND ME LAPPED HIM AND JUNIOR IN MIAMI IN 6 TO 8 FOOTERS??????
I'm sure mike would run reggie anywere, on the other hand reggie needs his own rules and venue!!!!!!

Fountain has more wins than ALL others COMBINED. Your once in a lifetime go around Reggie is great and I'm proud of you.

Remember your .01 minutes of fame and keep this story fresh every month so we all don't forget your 1 win of 1000's that Fountain has produced.

JUSTONCE 06-24-2004 08:48 AM

I'm with Super T. I'd like to see them run in an offshore race, regardless who wins. What is the point in a top speed calm water run, These are big boats made for big water cut em loose and let em run in some Big water. That I would watch.

outer42 06-24-2004 08:51 AM

i did that legal,not with 540 bulldogs and cams, I rather have one win without cheating than all his with cheating. I guess you're that kind of person like him.

Qball 06-24-2004 08:51 AM

I have 2 questions....these are not intended to be controvercial so do not read into them.
1. What Hp did each boat have during their speed runs?
2. What was the weight of each boat after the speed runs?

super termoli 06-24-2004 08:52 AM

and guess what? it would be damn entertaining to watch...

Downtown42 06-24-2004 08:53 AM

Here is REAL (facts) water report and my first splash of the season. Don't tell me about rough water pal.

Subject marine forecast

FZUS53 KMKX 280847
NSHMKE

NEARSHORE MARINE FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI
330 AM CDT WED APR 28 2004

FOR WATERS WITHIN FIVE NAUTICAL MILES OF SHORE ON LAKE MICHIGAN

LMZ643>646-281430-
SHEBOYGAN WI TO WINTHROP HARBOR ILLINOIS
330 AM CDT WED APR 28 2004

...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT TODAY AND TONIGHT...

.TODAY...SOUTH WIND TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 KNOTS.
MOSTLY SUNNY. WAVES 3 TO 6 FEET BUILDING TO 4 TO 7 FEET IN THE
AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...SOUTHWEST WIND TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40
KNOTS. MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES 4 TO 7 FEET.
.THURSDAY...SOUTHWEST WIND 10 TO 20 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO AROUND
35 KNOTS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.
WAVES 3 TO 6 FEET.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...SOUTHWEST WIND 10 TO 20 KNOTS VEERING WEST
5 TO 10 KNOTS. SHOWERS LIKELY AND A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.
WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 FOOT OR LESS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

$$
SEE LAKE MICHIGAN OPEN WATERS FORECAST FOR FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY.

Indy 06-24-2004 08:59 AM

The fact that an offshore boat is competing for a kilo record seems silly and out of place to me. That's like having a motocross bike enter into a quarter mile drag race. Keep 'em offshore...if there is such a thing anymore. Let the hydros or drag boats compete for the kilo record.

DaveP 06-24-2004 09:05 AM

Outer42 - get to work so you can pay for the 36 Concept this weekend! :D :D

KenP 06-24-2004 09:07 AM

You folks are funny.

So what a boat builder showed up with boats running on what top fuel. Alcohol, methane, 113 Octane. NHRA has guide lines for top fuel. Why even bother. At that point would you would throw a turbine in it. At least it is not a core hopefully after 2-8 hours of use if your lucky.

A true test would be 2 hp525's in each of these boats. Oh yeah and let Skater participate with that 39 V. Do you ever hear a word about Outerlimits challenging Skater. Hey he makes a 39V.

outer42 06-24-2004 09:09 AM

kenp i'm with you,as long as reggie motors are sealed and inspected. bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

chriscraft240 06-24-2004 09:14 AM

Whats the better value for my hard earned money? OL or Fountain? equipped the same. Just curious

super termoli 06-24-2004 09:17 AM

INDY, that's exactly right. If it's admitted that you can't run 100+ offshore because you're gonna get 6 footers and more most of the time, then why spend all your talent and energy trying to go over 160. It's a better idea to use that energy in trying to get that boat to hold up for more than 5 miles before you lose an ignition module or a belt or whatever the hell lets go on those boats every time. top speed is useless if your average sucks...

enzo ferarri said something like "to arrive first, you firstly have to arrive..."

Nauti Kitty 06-24-2004 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by super termoli
and i really don't want to cause a stir and this will be the last thing i'll say but sometimes people are a bit generous with wave heights. i don't know if our water in europe is any different but when the coast guard over here says true 8 footers, you're not going anywhere very fast. certainly not 100+

Ya think? :rolleyes:

Very few people on this board have gone out and run in true 8 foot waves. Most would chit themselves if they saw a true 8 foot wave coming at them breaking. An 8 foot wave in the ocean 100 feet apart is not the same as one that is curling on to the deck of the boat. Neither wave is one that anyone on this board is going to run straight into at a high speed. Everytime I hear someone talking about 8 foot waves they were running in I want to get the bs meter but I don't know how.

8 feet is 8 feet everywhere in the world. Large :drink:

GLH 06-24-2004 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by super termoli

In 8 footers I'm sitting at the bar, I can't write checks that big.

SummerObsession 06-24-2004 09:37 AM

Once again, you boys have missed the point.
Do I think these boats are built for Kilo runs? No. Should they race offshore? Hell yes.

That is not what these guys are bragging about. It's all about top speed, even if it's just long enough for shot of the radar gun.

So, that is exactly what the Shootout is about. Top speed. Is it an "offical" APBA, UIM,SBI, OSS, WHO EVER THE RACE FLAVOR OF THE WEEK is event. I doubt it, and I could care less.
And if you don't think LOTO can get rough, that's only because you have never been there, so don't comment about something you don't know. :blaster:

So, back to the ORIGINAL topic, someone get these boats to show up at the SAME TIME and SAME PLACE to see who goes home with their tails between their legs!!

Personally I don't think EITHER ONE wants to run the other heads up. That would end all the BS, and BS is publicity! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
So, does Reggie and OL have the stones? I don't think so. :eek: :eek: :D

Marginmn 06-24-2004 09:48 AM

8 Footers are no big deal. We used to run 8, 10, 12 footers all the time off the coast of Florida like they were NUTHING!!

errr, I shoud probably mention that I was on the USS Stark at the time :)

Smarty 06-24-2004 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by outer42

One race where you lapped (for Outerlimits) out of how many other times when the checkered went in the other direction (for Fountain, Phantom {in F-2}, or any other manufacturer)? There needs to be some fair balance to this discussion that is realistic and not so overly emotional and defensive.

PS I like Outerlimits, but I do not like revisionist history.

Smarty 06-24-2004 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
In 8 footers I'm sitting at the bar, I can't write checks that big.

That is the most practical statement I have ever read on this web-site in four years.

Qball 06-24-2004 09:56 AM

does anyone have the answers to my original questions????

outer42 06-24-2004 09:57 AM

ols school,yes it did go the other way alot, and when they beat us i shook there hand and said congrate. when we won reggie wouldn't talk a word to anyone
all in all the best to the foutains guys and any manafacture that races or poker runs it's all good as long as we're boating and having fun.

audacity 06-24-2004 09:58 AM

"dO YOU REALLY THINK REGGIE WILL SHOW AT A APBA KILO, THAT'S WHY HE WENT TO SBI SO HE CAN CHEAT AND WIN AND CLAIM FAME!!!!!!!!"....i think he will...UIM is the only WORLD recognized way of measuring a "kilo" record...i guess if UIM accepts LOTO's method, then great...

and the key west thing...the class the OL was in...NO RULES,,,so how can you cheat?

i am not taking ANYTHING away for either company...but a UIM recognized kilo is where it's at to make the claim...this kilo debate can not be about rules...there are unlimited...the only thing to debate is the method of quantifying them...racers (WORLD WIDE not USA) look to UIM to do just that..

HyperBaja 06-24-2004 10:02 AM

Who holds the Kilo Record now?

Exactly.