Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Active Thunder Flips in LIS (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/82205-active-thunder-flips-lis.html)

Hydrocruiser 06-29-2004 07:37 PM

Re: Active Thunder Flips in LIS

Originally Posted by dockrocker
That's like saying "I've heard about a couple of Corvette's that got into accidents, maybe I shouldn't buy a new Camaro." :rolleyes:

A 32' AT has very little in common with a 37' AVH, other than the name on the side of the boat.

Nope you have it back wards. It was a couple Camaro's that got into accidents and maybe I shouldn't buy a Corvette. Your logic amazes me!

Most offshore boats have the capability of going faster than many consumer's driving abilities these days. It is really just as simple as that. No more. No less.

Velocity Tom 06-29-2004 08:31 PM

So what kind size of boat was it !

Jassman 06-29-2004 08:41 PM

A 47 A.T. :p

docmanrich37 06-29-2004 08:47 PM

Hope everyone will be alright I don't think these is the time to call the driver names as long as he is all jacked up in the hospital.Don't know all the facts yet. these doesn't look very good since i just bought a 37' AVH on friday.wifes real unhappy now about our boat. "$UMTHING$ GOTTA GIVE"

CAP071 06-29-2004 08:55 PM

Bottom Line, If he was drinking, he is and always be an assh*le that almost cost him his life, as well as his friends, and as others stated higher ins. rates due to his stupidity.

I'm So Friggin sick of tired of every time someone gets into a high speed boating accident hearing about..... Oh It was the steps. OH it was too fast of a boat. Oh it's that damn beak boat again.

When in all actuality it was probably some drunk idiot who has no idea what type of power he is dealing with, who thought after a 6 pack of booze he could just lay into the throttles putting his life and other lives at stake. But his check book paid for that ride.

toolman 06-29-2004 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by docmanrich25
Hope everyone will be alright I don't think these is the time to call the driver names as long as he is all jacked up in the hospital.Don't know all the facts yet. these doesn't look very good since i just bought a 37' AVH on friday.wifes real unhappy now about our boat. "$UMTHING$ GOTTA GIVE"

You bought a 37 AVH for Lake Anna???

That would be a BIG FISH IN A SMALL POND!!!

Rippem 06-29-2004 09:12 PM

CAPO...yea, his checkbook pays for it on the front end...the rest of ours on the backend. Long after "Dangerous Dan" has taken up ATVing, or snowmobiling, or....whatever venue he chooses to continue to blow himself...thinking he's cool. Ya' know...a guy with toys, who's made it. Some wannabe's should never leave the porch. Seen 'em in all arenas, awaiting to kill somebody. Maybe you or me...

docmanrich37 06-30-2004 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by toolman
You bought a 37 AVH for Lake Anna???

That would be a BIG FISH IN A SMALL POND!!!

Bought it for the river & other bigger waters than lake anna. have my 26' cat for the lake on a lift.live & work on the water play somewhere else.

audacity 06-30-2004 06:15 AM

"Most offshore boats have the capability of going faster than many consumer's driving abilities these days. It is really just as simple as that. No more. No less".....

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT....PERFECTLY SAID!!!!

Jassman 06-30-2004 07:04 AM

Well Put Audacity. I'm happy with my mid 80's, its enough for me. From all the boats I've owned, my experience level is from 100mph and under, I know my limitations and stick with them. The problem is when alcohol gets involved, everyone , including myself feels your are invisible. I usually have 6-8 people aboard, which is alot of responsibility. I do not drink that much other than a few Crowns or beers :drink: all day unless I know I will be overnighting. Boating is suppose to be fun, and I like drinking as much as the next guy, but it's not worth risking your life as well as your friends aboard or other boaters that may be in your path. I worry about insurance rates, and how high they keep climbing. And lastly, too many accidents this year due to neglect, we definately do not need big brother regulating something that we all enjoy to do. Jeff Jassby