Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat Builder Covicted  in Michigan!!!!! >

Boat Builder Covicted in Michigan!!!!!

Notices

Old 07-08-2004, 08:33 AM
rskrawczyk

Michigan Boat builder Jim Jones president of Awesome Powerboats, a.k.a Millineum powerboats or now maybe Tunnel Vision, was convicted in december 2003 for insurance fraud and forged titles, and was on probation and just violated that . He has a arrest warrant now on that coviction, but stupiedly enough he turned around in May, 2004 and filed another stolen boat report and used the same VIN #s as last years stolen boat, he needs to get his lies straight,lol. to top that off he had taken in money from 3 -4 customers promising them all a 31 ft thundercat, i happen to be one of the victims. I gave him 160,000 for this boat and was always checking the status on it when one day i went to his shop and he had packed up and left. WOW was all I said very distraught with no boat and a big loan still to pay. he was taking money from 3-4 people and building 1 boat and telling them all it was there boat. Maybe one of them would get lucky and get a boat or just the shell, boy thats an expensive shell don`t you think. Anyways i filed a police report and now hes under criminal investigations for 3-4 boats being done the same way. If anyone knows his where about please contact me at [email protected] or call the Detective in charge of the case . Hes from the St Clair County Sherriff Dept his name is Detective David Patterson , his # is 810-987-1729. Please do not give this man money hes a habitual liar, if his mouth is moving he definitely is lieing, STAY AWAY FROM THIS CROOK!!!!! Sherri

Last edited by rskrawczyk; 07-14-2004 at 01:18 PM.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat Builder Covicted in Michigan!!!!!

You gave him 160.000 $
Old 07-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember seeing him in an article in one of his boats with lots of jewelry on......stuff like this just pisses a guy off. Hopefully they will find him and do justice...
Old 07-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hang him....
Old 07-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is something I don't understand. If I buy a house, I get a loan, get it inspected, and then close after a final walk thru. If I bought new, I would put a pittance down, get the loan, make sure it passes inspections, and then and only then would I sign off on the loan at closing and now own it.
And that's on a 150,000 home.
Why oh why do I hear about these crazy huge chunks of money getting thrown at these boat builders before they produce a boat
Old 07-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They may catch him, convict him, jail him but you will still be screwed out of your money because you can bet he already spent it. Thats the way these types work. Live high on the hog, someone elses hog that is. Spend 10 times what they make and sucker the unsuspecting in to pay for their largese. Sorry to hear but I think you are screwed.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:26 AM
knotpropr

$160k down the drain? Is this normal? I guess that is why going through the dealer is best!

Old 07-08-2004, 10:07 AM
crazyman

i had abrand new 38 that broke apart while on apoker run and he was supposed to build me a new one and the day before we were to pick the boat up he calls me and tells me that it was stolen off his lot and that he had no ins . he is probably one of the biggest liars i have ever met . i heard that he is building a big cabin up in mi. somwhere

Old 07-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the Awsome powerboats that built catamarans? Her screen name was Marie Awsome?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:01 AM
rskrawczyk

yes its the thiefs wife .

Quick Reply: Boat Builder Covicted in Michigan!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.