Gananoque's Poker Run Postponed

Notices

Gananoque's Poker Run Postponed

Old 08-16-2004, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gananoque's Poker Run Postponed

Originally Posted by DaveP
Jeff, slowly step away from the BONG..........Taylor shook down the towm of GAN serveral times for all kinds of freebies. Fre Partys, Free Hotel Rooms for his staff, etc.... THATS THE REAL DEAL. I paid $2500 to sponsor the event last year and they wanted to charge me $250 for 3min of video footage for my boat? If it looks like a whore and smells like a whore....it must be a....
Oh, Gee, I didn't know you where an expert on the contract between PRA and Gan! You must have read it and fully understood what it states. You must have ALL the facts from booth sides, hell you must be one of the acting lawyers for one of the parties.......right?

All I was stating is to wait untill it all comes out.

Sounds like you are a little bitter with PRA, your isue.

Easy with the Bong coments, try posting like you out of high school, and have grown up!
Old 08-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ever notice that only the show boats win the money at a Poker Runs America event??? Just an observation. Bill Taylor really pissed me off this weekend. I asked during the Kilo run If I could participate, they asked if I had signed the waiver the previous day to participate. I told them that I hadn't but they had my signed waiver from the poker run. I was informed that it is a seperate event and I could not run. Ok, so I go over to my friend that I had brung to the run who just completed his first Kilo run and asked him if he signed the waiver the day before. He replied that he told them that he hadn't and was allowed to run anyway. When I went over again to re -clarify the situation the poker run staff just looked at me and shruged their shoulders. Now you must be asking yourselves why would they do that??? In my opinion it is because he was driving the 46ft. cigarette Strip Poker and I was driving my little 30 Spectre. The Cig. provides a much better photo opp. for their magazine and website than my little toy. Just my opinion!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Registered

Like the saying goes, "money is the root of all evil".

Being rather involved in offshore boating activities down here, I listen to a lot of people discouraged by how expensive poker runs have become.

Last May I produced a poker run that was kept simple. Only $ 75.00 basic entry fee which included Captain and First Mate, one card hand and two tee shirts, $ 20.00 per extra hand, $ 10.00 each for extra tee shirts or crew. Winnng hand was $ 1,000.00, 2nd was 500.00, Best Poker Run Boat was $ 500.00, fatherest traveled $ 250.00 and worst hand $ 250.00. It was based out of the Hyatt, great food and pool party. There wasn't any helicopters, it was directed towards just having fun. Two charities benefited, we sold sponsorships and actually made a little money, and the only comments I received were how much fun everyone had and how they appreciated my keeping the cost down and still have a chance to win a decent prize.

There's enough offshore enthusiasts to participate in all the different types of poker runs, but it's nice to have some that are the "low key/low cost" approach.

I don't know the facts of this particular run, but I do know you can't change the rules after the game has started, something that happens too often in too many venues of life itself.

Sorry to hear about the cancellation, for it is the community at large, the charities, and all the participants who looked forward to it who will be hurt. And probably just for the "almight dollar". Sad.......
Old 08-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Oh, Gee, I didn't know you where an expert on the contract between PRA and Gan!
I am not or claimed to be an expert on the situation but I do know alot of the details. Have you ever done business with PRA? Have you ever negotiated with PRA?

You must have ALL the facts from booth sides, hell you must be one of the acting lawyers for one of the parties.......right?
Pull your head out of your AZZ.....EH!

Easy with the Bong coments, try posting like you out of high school, and have grown up!
I refuse to grow up - I'm a Toys R' Us Kid!
Old 08-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that we have gotten side tracked from the REAL issue. If PRA wants to charge HUGE money that is their perogative. If they want to not let us guys with "cheap" boats run, again thier perogative. As I understand it the issue is the USE of POKER RUN in the name? Is this correct or wrong?

Jon
Old 08-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Registered

You know what Dave P, You started with the insults, not me. Try keeping these sites clean, intead of turning threads into arguments. This site may have more members and more posts if there weren't people like you bashing other peoples comments.

And if I recall, all I stated was not to judge untill all the info was out. To me, the only way to judge.

Business is business, there is so mush BS online now a days, each memeber trying to be the big dog, its getting rediculus when one can't even post there thoughts, with out people like Dave P being an........I won't go there with the name calling, I'll leave that to you Dave P.

Any way, you have an issue with me, E-mail me direct, give me you number, I'll call you up, and you can call me names over the phone, try and keep that trash off the forum.

[email protected]

Many people enjoy dealing with PRA, including me. But unfortunetly, most of the time the people who speak up, are the complainers.

Ask your self this, was there a contract in place? Who decided to change the contract before the end of the term?

My info may be different than yours, witch goes to show every one, there are two sides to evey story.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered

Jeff you need to lighten up a little. The BONG reference was to be humorous but obviously you didn't see it.

Dealing with PRA as a Poker Run participant is alot different than dealing with them as an advertiser or sponsor. Do you have experience as a PRA advertiser or sponsor?

I've been a member of this site a heck of alot longer than you have and I don't bash people on here. We all poke some fun from time to time.

If you can't take the heat and you think this site is just a site for bashing, put your snow shoes on and keep walking down the internet to a different site.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Registered

Maybe I did take it wrong, I got a call from a few buddy's telling me some one was bashing me over the weekend, so here we are.

Yes, I have dealt with PRA, my business, no one elses.

Audiofn, yes, your right, we got side tracked.

LOL, as for the heat in the kitchen,LOL, thats funny.

and as for the being a member longer, WTF cares. I guess that makes you a bigger dog than me, Congrats.

You can be a member longer, I'll just be the longer member!!!!!