Another fatality, this time, up at the 1000 Islands >

Another fatality, this time, up at the 1000 Islands

Notices

Another fatality, this time, up at the 1000 Islands

Old 08-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another fatality, this time, up at the 1000 Islands

I heard about it earlier today when Top called Rags (who is here at my house). Very sad news.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Rippem yes when we got farther up the lake it was better. However that very well could have been that it was raining..... I WILL be back however not on a bussy weekend like this. The lake looks like a wonderfull place just take out the stupidity that I was seeing around Alex Bay. Troutly ya there are people being bone heads every place, but if you saw Alex Bay you would just shake your head.

Jon
Old 08-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

If I'm not working on the 4th or Pirates Weekend, and am able to go boating... I fuel up, pack up beer, food, and girl, and go destination boating away from there. It is a HUGE area...it's not hard to get away from the idiocy.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to hear this and my sympothys go out to all involved. I probably shouldn't say more here but I get a little peeved at those F#$kin cruisers who drive half planed causing the biggest wake possible. I may be in the wrong but I'm in a bad mood today and don't care. Those AZZHOLES ought to get those oversize pieces of ---- moving at a good planing speed or idle out of the way. It isn't just having to go over them in your boat but also those wakes can travel into a marina and beat the crap out of boats in there. Too bad it isn't a law but it needs to be.

Roby
Old 08-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Registered

Seems that some cruiser types have very little to get excited about other than "at what speed does my boat dig the biggest hole in the water making me think my boat is a yacht from the size of the wake"

Someday, if and when I'm in a cruiser, it'll still be about efficiently running the hull...and that won't be semi-planing creating danger and erosion!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Robyw1: Allthough I also share your disdane of huge boat wakes I think it unfair to pin this one on them. If you are driving fast it is your reponsibility to look for large wakes like this. If you can not see that far ahead then you should SLOW DOWN. This wake almost took out two boats and I could see it coming from were I was, so the drivers should have also been able to see the same. I can not tell you how LUCKY the guy in the Baja was. Straite up and down in the air, a good 10-15 feet up in the air (that is below the bottom of the boat), and a strong Bow steer on landing and everything. Just lucky, and the other was not.
As for the boat wakes ruining docks, shores, anchored and docked boats and so on I am right there with ya. This happened RIGHT off the back of the cruisers stern and they did not even stop so I am guessing that they had NO idea as to what happened, in other words they were clueless!!!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Rippem it very well could have been a AO. They all look similiar to me. My first guess was a 25 footer. It was solid red that I know. I will IM you some of the info that I have heard.

Jon
Old 08-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Registered

deleted my last post in the interest of verification
Old 08-14-2004, 09:55 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Audiofin, audiofin, how are you doing.
1st off, wow, are the post whore king!
2nd stop picking on us large Sea Pigs. We all make mistakes when first learning the Boating world. General respect of the water takes place after multiple years on different waters. Most of these first time boaters are the problem. We need to get these people a license to drive these vessels.
Thought before panic. ME

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Robyw1: Allthough I also share your disdane of huge boat wakes I think it unfair to pin this one on them. If you are driving fast it is your reponsibility to look for large wakes like this. If you can not see that far ahead then you should SLOW DOWN. This wake almost took out two boats and I could see it coming from were I was, so the drivers should have also been able to see the same. I can not tell you how LUCKY the guy in the Baja was. Straite up and down in the air, a good 10-15 feet up in the air (that is below the bottom of the boat), and a strong Bow steer on landing and everything. Just lucky, and the other was not.
As for the boat wakes ruining docks, shores, anchored and docked boats and so on I am right there with ya. This happened RIGHT off the back of the cruisers stern and they did not even stop so I am guessing that they had NO idea as to what happened, in other words they were clueless!!!

Quick Reply: Another fatality, this time, up at the 1000 Islands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.