Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one? >

36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?

Notices

36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?

Old 09-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?

here's a couple more:
Attached Thumbnails 36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-inter1.jpg   36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-inter2.jpg   36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-dock.jpg  

Old 09-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Registered

Thanks for the good words, it makes the last 2 years worth it. I'm in to it now about $52,000.00 but th thing's like new, really not that BS they were shoveling on BentBoat or the guy I bought it from who said it ran 85 mph. I'm in New Orleans (Kenner actually) about 5 minutes from and Lake Pontchartrain. Looks like Im going to finally get to enjoy this thing!!!!!
Old 09-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the Link to the Outboard Coyote,

http://www.atlanticmarinesales.net/id250.htm

check out the rest of the site......

if your into fishing boats.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Gary of "Gary's Auto Body" in Margate, Florida...owns that triple outboard 34' Coyote. The updated paintwork was developed & squirted by Joey Earl of "Kangaroo Graphics" in about 1997. The boat is never used. Excellent shape. Try 954-979-4766 for Gary. Good luck. Ed
Old 09-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Alcor:

Awesome boat!! Luckily, I stumbled across your post today and I think I can provide you with a great deal of historical info. on your boat and Coyote....

It was originally designed in 1978 by Jean Claude Simon. My dad, Charlie McCarthy, purchased the very first boat out of the mold - a 38' race boat (as well as helping Jean Claude with the design a bit). I can even remember seeing the PLUG being built in Florida as a child!

My dad started Banana Boat Co. in the mid 70's by buying the old 24' Cigarette mold from Don Arronow and designed a new deck etc. Looking to grow the business by adding larger boats to the line up, he struck up a partnership with Jean Claude to build the larger boats under the Banana Boat name. Jean Claude was to build his version of the boats under the Coyote name and my dad was to build his version under the Banana name. Long story short, their partnership fell apart and only 3 of these larger boats were ever built under the Banana name. Jean Claude continued on with Coyote but eventually ended up selling the molds to Sonic where they continue to be built.

Also - if you have a copy of John Crouse's "Searace", there is a picture of Jean Claude standing in front of "Beep Beep Too". If you look carefully at that picture, you will see the first hull (Top Banana) on the left being built.

I'll attach some pics to this post.

The first pic is the first boat ever made from the mold. It is my dad's race boat "Top Banana". He won the very first race it was ever in - the 1979 Bushmills Grand Prix in Newport Beach, CA

Second is the same boat renamed "Rums of Puerto Rico" that my dad raced in 1980 (best finish in '80 was 2nd place in Bahamas)

And Third is boat racing against Betty Cook in Kaama.
Attached Thumbnails 36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-topb38.jpg   36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-rums38.jpg   36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-kaamatb.jpg  

Old 09-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Registered

Also - here is boat #2 which was a 34' version made by blocking the mold.
Attached Thumbnails 36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-34-side.jpg   36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-34-jump.jpg   36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-34-slow.jpg  

Old 09-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Registered

Also - here's the Powerboat Magazine Article from the first race...
Attached Thumbnails 36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-powerboat1.jpg   36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-powerboat2.jpg   36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?-powerboat3.jpg  

Old 09-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Registered

Cool history.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I see you have those special "love seats" up front. Kinda cozy eh?? LOL!!!
Old 09-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Registered

Thanks Chatim Racing, for the response, I've been trying to learn the history on the boat since I bought it. Tried to locate Jean Claude Simon to see what I could learn about the boat. I was able to obtain his name and an old phone number from Sonic, they (Sonic) weren't really willing to say anything more that "Jean Claude Simon was the designer of your boat". Is he still around? Do you know how I could contact him?

Did you father continue on with his version of the body and how did he? Are you in the business, racing, building boats? It must have been great growing up in that whole environment!!!

Thanks again, photos were great. If you know of any books/manuals whatever, that can be obtained on the hull or history of the Coyote, I would appreciate you letting me know.

Quick Reply: 36' Coyote - Anyone ever heard or had one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.