Notices

By-By IVAN

Old 09-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: By-By IVAN

From the pick it looks like the 2 main entrances are still there ,but the beach side is in bad shape . I hope they let him rebuild,the city there has been wanting to get rid of it for sometime.

Just like here the cops got so bad with DUI's the local bar called the Dock went out of business because of this reason.They wanted it gone and they got it

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know: With a couple of drinks and late at night, it probably doesn't look any different. LOL

Any body know how "Live Bait" made it through?
Old 09-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by getreal
You know: With a couple of drinks and late at night, it probably doesn't look any different. LOL

Any body know how "Live Bait" made it through?

And remember don't look at the floor ,unless something runs across you foot

I saw Phoenix 10 had damage so I would think Live Bait would also. Maybe not as bad with the high rise condos in front of it ,maybe the storm surge only . Phoenix 5 was right across the street . Haven't seen it on the new pictures yet.

Old 09-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Registered

My Inlaws that live in the subdivision across the street from the Flora-Bama made the front page of the Mobile Register newspaper. This link is for a pdf file of the front page for Saturday. If I knew how to save the pic from the pdf I would post it but I dont so here is a link to the pdf file.

http://www.al.com/mobileregister/pageone/saturday.pdf

In the foreground is the totally destroyed Flamingo Key and another place. Further back is my inlaws place. It is the last house on the water on the right side. It appears to be undamaged from this pic and other reports of neighbors that have been there. The really amazing thing is that their boat, a 7 month old 32' Envision with twin 454 Mags, is sitting on its lift ot the pier undamaged also.

Amazing how selective the damage is.

Ron
Old 09-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Thats the main reason there not letting people back in there . I saw they Found 3 that died from the generator fumes.

When you know when you are going to get a direct hit from the hurricane . and your going to try to ride it out and your close to the beach . Think about your family members. there the ones thats going to feel the pain , you will more than likely drown and thats a peaceful death.

Ron thats unreal ,ya never know what going to get hit.I saw the pictures of a condo that had the walls gone and the cloths still hanging on there closet racks

Old 09-19-2004, 12:17 AM
Registered

Glad their place made it through. Can't believe they didn't pull the boat to BR with them.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
Glad their place made it through. Can't believe they didn't pull the boat to BR with them.

They dont have a trailer for the boat. At one time he arranged storm storage at a local marina but he called too late and they were full.

Ron
Old 09-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got power and Cable back. We rode out the storm in Fort Walton Beach. It was worse than Opal. We cranked our boat up as high as she would go in the slip and hoped for the best. After a LLLOOOOOOONNNGGGGG night of watching the storm surge rise and the winds hammer away we were greeted with great relief in the morning. Not a scratch. Can't say the same for a lot of folks in the area. Many neighbors have unexpected boats in there back yards. The waterfront is littered with wrecks.

On an incredibly sad note, I read today the divers found the driver of the tractor-trailer rig from the I-10 bridge. His remains were found, still in his cab, in shallow water at the base of the bridge collapse. I'm not one to express much emotion, but this hit me hard. God bless the people he left behind.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanna give a thanks to Ricky for storing my boat like Magic Float said. I was in Mississippi for the storm so I didn't experiance the worst of it. We made it onto to Ono yesterday to check on our house - we were extremely lucky - boat house about 70% destroyed, pier 100% destroyed, property completely trashed, but the house only sustained minor damage. The Formula was inside an enclosed storage building that Ricky had put it in. The door and two of the three other walls around the boat were destroyed, but there is not a scratch on the boat!! - there's even tin touching the boat, but it's touching the rub rail so no damage. We were very lucky, many people weren't so and our hearts and prayers go out to them. The damage is awesome, especially right on the beach where the surge and wave action really took its toll. Orange Beach has a long road of recovery ahead, but they've already made amazing progress.

Best of luck to everyone!!
Reed