Miami Vice...Whats in a name?

Notices

Miami Vice...Whats in a name?

Old 04-12-2011, 01:03 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Here's a trivia question...why the f*ck were all the boating scenes cut from the movie?!
No sh!t. A few of us should have at least made it into the opening race scene. Sbi Miami 05.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Because the movie could never live up to our fond memories of the series!

1. Fake Ferrari Daytona
2. Real Ferrari Testarossa
3. Chris-Craft Stinger (pilot episode)
4. Chris-Craft Stinger (Season 1)
5. The famous Scarab
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice...Whats in a name?-vice-2.jpg   Miami Vice...Whats in a name?-vice-1.jpg   Miami Vice...Whats in a name?-vice-3.jpg  

Miami Vice...Whats in a name?-vice-4.jpg   Miami Vice...Whats in a name?-vice-5.jpg  
Old 04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The CC Stinger in the pilot episode was Don Johnson's personal boat.

Not sure how much is true and how much is fabricated here, but interesting reading; especially on the Conception of the Show:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Vice
Old 04-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

When I was in college, I took a class called "How MTV Changed the World". It was an elective class that I thought would be easy and it was, not because it was a b.s. class but because it really was fascinating!
Miami Vice was the first TV series to implement a fast paced format, unique angles, quick frame sequencing and heavy amounts of music. That type of filming and editing was used only in movies previously. Enter MTV and its young hip almost flash action 3 minute videos telling an entire story and you can see the new direction of show. Look at every police/crime show before Miami Vice and after. The old shows are very linear and predictable with an almost boring continuity compared to the CSI's, Criminal Minds, and police shows of today.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do believe I am correct here and will double check next time I see the guy who has it.... But one of the boats from the show, and I am not sure exactly which one is was, is now owned and kept in the Freeport IL area and run on the Mississippi and was all redone by current owner. Looks really nice and is very well kept.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

My girlfriend bought me all five seasons for xmas this year and we've had a blast watching them again... I haven't had a chance to read all sixteen pages on this thread, but has anyone ever noticed that on disc one of season one, side B, there is an episode called "Calderone's Return Part II." At the end of that episode, Crocket is driving the Chris Craft (from the Bahamas to Miami) from the port side of the boat, and tubbs is seated next to him on the starboard side. The boating scene flashes in and out while certain scenes from the episode are repeated... About halfway through these "flashbacks" the scene on the Chris Craft resumes with Crocket still driving the boat, but this time he's driving it from the starboard side, and Tubbs is seated next to him on the port side! I never noticed this the first time I watched the show back in the 80's... Has anyone else ever noticed this blooper?!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great thread .
Some of the best TV ever !!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm
My girlfriend bought me all five seasons for xmas this year and we've had a blast watching them again... I haven't had a chance to read all sixteen pages on this thread, but has anyone ever noticed that on disc one of season one, side B, there is an episode called "Calderone's Return Part II." At the end of that episode, Crocket is driving the Chris Craft (from the Bahamas to Miami) from the port side of the boat, and tubbs is seated next to him on the starboard side. The boating scene flashes in and out while certain scenes from the episode are repeated... About halfway through these "flashbacks" the scene on the Chris Craft resumes with Crocket still driving the boat, but this time he's driving it from the starboard side, and Tubbs is seated next to him on the port side! I never noticed this the first time I watched the show back in the 80's... Has anyone else ever noticed this blooper?!
I thought I was the only one that noticed that...someone effed up when they edited the "dailys" on that segment...they reversed the image to show a return trip to Florida.

Also...Don Johnson used to run around Biscayne Bay and occasionaly "outside" in his personal Scarab "My Vice". He was a decent guy to the locals and never took on the arrogance that many "TV/Movie" pricks do.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, Back to trivia.
Q/ What was Crockets back up gun? He carried it in an anckle holster and it was a .45.....
Old 04-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Die Hard bonus question:
Q. What color and kind of car did Phil Colins drive on the show?
I can't remember the name but I think it was the "other" Lambourghini model. Not a Countach,the smaller one.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7_TW...eature=related 10;15 jalpa

Quick Reply: Miami Vice...Whats in a name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.