Old 05-29-2007, 06:19 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

My Boats: Fast Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
So Dave, when and where is the run?
Patience Ron ...... Patience !

Last edited by KiloKat; 05-30-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Registered

My Boats: velocity/proline

Quote:
I believe any speed record - any REAL speed record - needs to be done over a measured mile, so the speed needs to be sustained. Drag boats are cool, but the short speed bursts don't set world records.

The Speed Record for a propeller driven craft is still 225, owned by the Miss Budwieser Hydroplane. That's the mark that Bud Select, Gieco and Callan have been looking at.
i have to disagree with you,being involved in dragboats from the early 80's to late 90's i can promise you that a topfuel boat that holds a record is real. There are backup runs at a given % by the race organization such as with the IHBA these records are just s real as yours and i thank if you look even the APBA has some dragboat records.As for speed there is only one record that has been faster then a dragboat and Ken Warby holds it.We were running over 220 in 1983 we held the world record 5 different times in topfuel with a boat called Nitro Fever owned by Rick Hendrick yes the same one that owns NASCAR teams. The last record we set was at 229 with a back up run of 227. so the records you guys are trying to beat are real and so are the ones in the quarter mile just different types of boats

Last edited by mikes280; 05-29-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Leaman View Post
This last weekend in Red Bluff Ca. a Top Fuel drag boat surpassed the 260 mark,263 to be exact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i think they only run 1000ft not 1320
Old 05-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes280 View Post
i have to disagree with you,being involved in dragboats from the early 80's to late 90's i can promise you that a topfuel boat that holds a record is real. There are backup runs at a given % by the race organization such as with the IHBA these records are just s real as yours and i thank if you look even the APBA has some dragboat records.As for speed there is only one record that has been faster then a dragboat and Ken Warby holds it.We were running over 220 in 1983 we held the world record 5 different times in topfuel with a boat called Nitro Fever owned by Rick Hendrick yes the same one that owns NASCAR teams. The last record we set was at 229 with a back up run of 227. so the records you guys are trying to beat are real and so are the ones in the quarter mile just different types of boats

I'm sure IHBA keeps their own records that meet their rules. I was refering to the UIM record for a sustained speed over a measured one mile course, with the run being made in both directions and the speeds averaged.

I'm not taking anything away from drag boats and their mind bending speeds. It's just apples and oranges.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Registered

My Boats: velocity/proline

Quote:
I'm sure IHBA keeps their own records that meet their rules. I was refering to the UIM record for a sustained speed over a measured one mile course, with the run being made in both directions and the speeds averaged.

I'm not taking anything away from drag boats and their mind bending speeds. It's just apples and oranges.
apples and oranges that both have real records and deserve there recognition
Old 05-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC

newsflash: Dateline Vienna 30 May 2007

At todays press confrence, the esteemed , if not infamous Horatio Scwartz was asked by a reporter from Popular Mechanics Magazine... "If the world speed record powerboat is powered solely by turbine thrust, with turbine thrust being mere air pressure and not a propellor, Mr Schwartz sir..would that not classify it as a 'BLOW BOAT'?

Before the great Baron Von Scwartz could answer, a fist fight broke out between the New Zealand Americas Cup Team and the BORAT members (Beak Owners Racing Advancement Team)

Stay tuned to you local AP wire affiliate for updates as more details are released about this sordid affair
Old 06-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Registered

Drag boat records ARE REAL!!!! There is a DRAG BOAT team
that is prepairing to SMASH the prop driven one mile record!!!!Look for It to happen later this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO BOLDLY GO WERE NO UNLINITED HYDRO CAN EVER GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Tony Leaman; 06-03-2007 at 02:12 PM.