Default Re: orange county choppers in Galveston

"Them NASCAR boys sure will fool ya...."
Hey-I resemble that remark!:

Old 09-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh really? As long as you don't resemble Tony Stewart you're good!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered

I work and live near their shop & showroom. I see them a few times a week at various lunch spots. They are always cool and never seem to throw attitude. I have to agree with Chris288, they rarely show for events that their truck is at and if they do they are there only for a short time. I have seen many disappointed kids when they leave still with people in line.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Chris288
I live a mere 20 minutes from them and they are loacated just up the road from where I keep my boat.. Their bikes don't have a good rep. around the area from what I have heard. They are supposed to show up for various poker runs and events, but they rarely do, went to the Javits center over the winter on a Sunday for the bike show, they had lines 5 deep at their truck,, still weren't around,, Vinny's dad was though

They do a good job of accessorizing bikes,, where as REAL builders actually build bikes..

They wouldn't be nuttin without Discover Channel....
...yup ! I couldn't agree more.

A friend of mine has one of their bikes and has had nothing but problems...mechanical and otherwise.

They would still be a small non-descript shop with a mediocre reputation if it wasn't for cable..
Old 09-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

You know, it seems like the custom shops have lemons just like everyone else. I know a guy that bought a Redneck bike out of SC. He had issues with it from day one. But then I was talking to someone else that had one and he hadn't had the first problem. Go figure.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Registered

If I where going to buy a custom chopper, it would either be a bike by Jessie James or that guy in Australia that makes them out of polished aluminum alloy. The Ausi was on the "World Biker Build off"
Old 09-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by magnum27
If I where going to buy a custom chopper, it would either be a bike by Jessie James or that guy in Australia that makes them out of polished aluminum alloy. The Ausi was on the "World Biker Build off"
When you live out in the sticks, you have to develop skills if you want to play,or just to survive. Growing up without any money helps develop them too. Hell! I guess there are advadages to growing up and living in Kankakee.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Registered

Hack is a compliment those wrench monkeys...

And yes they would be a huge ZERO if it werent for D T.V.

There are a lot of very nice Full custom and semi custom choppers out there.. At the show in the Javits center there were bikes there that absolutely blew away many of the popular guys on D T.V. and nobody has heard of them..
Old 09-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Registered

I've seen them at a show and they were really great. True they got large mostly by Discovery, but is it their fault people like to watch?? Paulie has some awesome ideas and makes them happen, hence the theme bikes. They are in high demand and personal time probably is slim to none so I don't blame them for missing some events every now and then. I think sometimes people should put themselves in their shoes. Heck if I was as big as Paul Sr. I'd tell everybody to piss off. Bottom line is you can't please everyone. But I'm not going to sit here an knock these guys just because they are taking advantage of a great opportunity that came their way. More power to them.......
Old 09-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they don't plan on staying. T.S. Ivan will getem wet

Roby

Quick Reply: orange county choppers in Galveston

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.