orange county choppers in Galveston

Notices

orange county choppers in Galveston

Old 09-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: orange county choppers in Galveston

I'm not knocking them for having the show, being famous, or not having enough time to meet every fan that want to meet them. No issues with any of that. They got lucky, more power to them.
I just don't think Jr. has anywhere near the talent he's made out to have. Almost every part, on almost every bike, was made by someone else. His definition of "Fabrication" is welding some gaudy decorations onto a part made by someone else, then sending out for someone to paint. (That painter looks to have some real talent, by the way.)
When they do actually make something, it's either a flat piece, like all the stuff they water-jetted for that Dixie Choppers bike, or it's some bent up round bar.
I want to see him hammer a flat piece of sheet metal into a fender or tank. When I see someone like Jesse James do that, it always amazes me.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

They may be stuck down here, the water is rising and roads are expected to get deep. Its gorgeous down here right now, should be till dark. I dont know what to expect tomorrow. I hope to see some nice bikes.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmn
I'm not knocking them for having the show, being famous, or not having enough time to meet every fan that want to meet them. No issues with any of that. They got lucky, more power to them.
I just don't think Jr. has anywhere near the talent he's made out to have. Almost every part, on almost every bike, was made by someone else. His definition of "Fabrication" is welding some gaudy decorations onto a part made by someone else, then sending out for someone to paint. (That painter looks to have some real talent, by the way.)
When they do actually make something, it's either a flat piece, like all the stuff they water-jetted for that Dixie Choppers bike, or it's some bent up round bar.
I want to see him hammer a flat piece of sheet metal into a fender or tank. When I see someone like Jesse James do that, it always amazes me.

EXACTLY,,, and you know they know it.. They are having Rick make some tanks now and Campo pound out metal do dads, but JR. has about as much " Talent " as a high school shop student..

like I said, they assemble and accessorize parts built by someone else..

P.S. I Knew their painter Justin Barnes when he raced School boy class at our local MX track many years ago, he is very talented.. It's amazing what a little paint can hide..
Old 09-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Registered

The first season was pretty cool.... Now JR has a head on him the size of a truck..

Fabrication = to construct or create from raw material..

OCC = glorified parts changers....
Old 09-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Registered

They started out driving pickups and explorers, hauling thier bikes around in trailers.. Now they tool around in Hummers and prowlers, " ducking down in the seat when they drive by a poker run they were supposed to show up at " with big dollar bi-level trailers,, Good for them, they most certainly did luck out..
Old 09-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Registered

Come on guys.... watching a guy beat a piece of metal would get boring after awhile .... out-sourcing speeds up the program.
Yeah TV gave them brand recognition, but they've got to build a decent product... especially with all the attention they're getting... they must be doing something right. Besides if there not their parts on the bikes, it's not their fault when it breaks!!

Great show, unfortunately I don't get to see alot of it anymore.
I'm kinda hooked on the apprentice now too.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Registered

Yeah, remember when Paul Sr tore the bumper off that explorer... a year or two later he was still driving it around that way
Old 09-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

There is a place here that sells their standard bikes. Biker's Blvd. sells Redneck bikes too. I know they make sure any issues are taken care of and have been known to come pick up a bike with problems. Not a lot of places do that anymore. I wonder if OCC does that for locals. Somehow I think if Jr. has anything to do with it, they don't.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I like em, I will watch them until Offshore Only TV comes out
Old 09-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Registered

I enjoy watching them , I think they are pretty funny. They seem like pretty cool people. Mikey rules !!
Sure they might not be the best fabricators in the world but they have quite a following anyways.

Quick Reply: orange county choppers in Galveston

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.