Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig Or Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87763-cig-apache.html)

SLINGSHOT 09-28-2004 07:56 PM

Re: Cig Or Apache

Originally Posted by Chris
Saber!!! If you want a NEW boat with the same hull as the Apache.

or you could just buy a new apache from apache

SLINGSHOT 09-28-2004 07:57 PM

apache simply they are more rare handle rough water better ...just my .02

Comanche3Six 09-28-2004 08:37 PM

41 Apache
The finest in the rough water

Chart 09-28-2004 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
I couldn't decide on either. It's like Pam Anderson vs. Carmen Electra. Both hot in their own way and far too expensive for me to maintain.

:D

Semper Fi 09-28-2004 09:06 PM

I would prefer the Cigarette. I couldn't possibly afford to maintain the 1,000's I would need in the Apache to run in the high 90's. A TS Cig (38 or 42) would run high 90's with alot less power. This is my "practical" thinking.

If money was no object, I would go for the Apache. They do have an awesome ride.

rouxsterre 09-28-2004 10:00 PM

Apache. . . .

It's the exclusivity, the 'Outlaw' heritage, the racing heritage, the mystique of the marque. . . . and owning the "baddest of the bad" in offshore v-hulls. No hull in the Cigarette line ( or any other line ) can approach the nearly mythical status of the 41 Apaches.

Wasabe 09-28-2004 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chris
Saber!!! If you want a NEW boat with the same hull as the Apache.

Chris if you had to chose between Cig or Apache which one would it be? If neither then put neither.

thedonz 09-28-2004 10:36 PM

i agree with everyone that votes for cig and apache. like i always say when people talk about the best boat lines ,best offshore boats i always say "cig or apache enough said" ,but every kinda of speed boat is always referred as a cig even if it was made in your backyard, and it takes a lot to earn that respect and recognition . i do think that apache hold the value more then a cig, for ex one of my all time favorite apache is "tonto" and i would guess if he was to sell his boat he would sell in the upper 200's and it's a boat that is at least 13 yrs old (if i'm correct) and yes it will take him a while but in the long run he will get it. the one thing i do like more about apache is that due to the fact that not so many were built, so every single one of them has it's own piece of history. but i would go with the cig ya just can't add a # 1 to the side of the boat without earning it. :D

donz jr mike

keeponplanewayne 09-28-2004 10:42 PM

theres no other ride like an apache, if you have had the chance to drive one your answer to the question would be fairly easy. NOTHING RIDES LIKE AN APACHE

clearcut3 09-28-2004 10:50 PM

I can tell you I LOVE cigs and think there isn't a finer boat around...except ONE :D . If money is no object I would take a 41' Apache with #6 SSM dry sumps and some 1200HP's.

As a matter of fact I can tell you the exact one I want...GOSTRUNNER...that has been my favorite boat for a long time...just too much money to maintain. Apache has an unbelievable racing legacy and real boat people know Apache :).