Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig Or Apache (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/87763-cig-apache.html)

clearcut3 09-29-2004 05:46 AM

Re: Cig Or Apache

Originally Posted by Too Old
Have you been over to Mark's shop to see Ghost Runner? It has some new BIG power. :D

I know it's not in my budget at this time so I have stayed as far away as possible...I would hate to have bought it with no motors and had to store it and just dream about the hole package one day :D

If Lake Murray wasn't 90% of my boating future Apache would be the choice for me. If I was on the Ocean a lot of time there is nothing finer than Gostrunner :)

gmhdfan 09-29-2004 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Too Old
Apache.

Look, they're both awesome boats and a guy that is lucky enough to own either one qualifies for hero status in my book.

But, there's 3 more feet to that 41 Apache. There were fewer of them made and I think to the true offshore afficinado, they're a much rarer commodity. One that was built in a wild time in offshore history. Each Apache had a unique build and character. Hell, there's a a few guys around here that can give you the history on ANY Apache ever built. To me, that gives the Apache the edge.

That about sums it up. "Apache, If I had to explain you wouldn't understand" :cool: :)

SinkorSwim 09-29-2004 07:12 AM

I seen in the classifieds of EBM that Star Chaser is for sale on a trailer,, but basically a bare hull for $45K..

My vote if money was no object.. Apache 47,, With trip Sterlings... trouble is that I would have to keep Scott & Ruben on retainer to maintenance it... :eek:

Nykamp 09-29-2004 07:32 AM

Love both, but I would go with APACHE or a new SABER. Steve

super termoli 09-29-2004 07:32 AM

yep, too old summed it up admirably well: every apache is a piece of offshore history. but if i had enough courage to go for a 41 with big power, i'd go all the way and have a 47 with triple indecent power...

As far as comparing a T/S with an apache goes, i'm also sure that a 2005 viper is faster, more reliable and makes more sense than an AC Cobra 427. But I'll take the Cobra thank you very much! Why? It's called character...

GLH 09-29-2004 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by super termoli
i'd go all the way and have a 47 with triple indecent power...

Yahh but how fast can three diesels go!!! :D:D:D

WickedWon 09-29-2004 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chris
Saber!!! If you want a NEW boat with the same hull as the Apache.

The look, the ride, the " foregiveness" in operation yet faster and stronger, not a bad combination.......but thats just my opinion :D :D

The old TG's and the 41' pleasures are someeeeeeewhat comparable but the full stagger 41' hotrods are a totaly different animal in the rough, 18" centers work when it gets choppy.

Stormrider 09-29-2004 08:04 AM

I'd have to agree w/ WW.
The ride w/ Mark & Lucy will make me say APACHE!
That boat w/ 650s ran 84mph.
I'd like to see it w/ the 850s. :D

MIAMIBOYZ 09-29-2004 08:15 AM

Great boats to say the least, my favorite and maybe the best made Apache ever is the 47 KEMOSABE with triple Chief blower motors. I prefer the 41 over the 38 cig or the 42 Tiger. However, it takes less power and less $$$$ to run over 100 in the Top Gun. :D

Nauti Kitty 09-29-2004 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
If you are comparing a new T/S Gun to the Apache it is Cig hands down. Throw some 700's in the Gun and you will be running over 100. Throw some 1000's in the Apache and you would be lucky to see mid 90's. Both awesome boats though... :cool:

All true,

until it gets rough,

or your bravo's break,

or both at the same time. :( NK