Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dually...Long or Short Bed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/88990-dually-long-short-bed.html)

JC 10-20-2004 12:30 PM

Re: Dually...Long or Short Bed

I am pulling a 42 Cig. with a 05 short box crew ford. I had a V-10 and just went to the powerstroke with a edge chip ( love the truck ) . I did install a 48 gal. tank from transfer flow in both trucks. It is a direct replacement for the stock tank.

FunHome 10-20-2004 12:31 PM

At times I have wished that my Crew Cab Dually was a Short Bed and not a Long Bed, because I use it as a daily driver and it get's tight in some places!!

Never really had a problem with space in the bed because my trailer is a bumper pull not a gooseneck.

Chevy made a Shortbed dually for about two years, just before they changed the body style to the one they have now. But, good luck finding one!!! :rolleyes:

JUSTONCE 10-20-2004 12:39 PM

If you are towing with a 5th wheel you'll want to consider, a sliding wheel, cause without it the axle/hitch placement is too far forward, when backing up and if turning sharp you can smash your cab corners with the trailer.

DiamondPerformance 10-20-2004 06:55 PM

Chevy does"nt offer a shortbed dually, right?

addiction 10-20-2004 07:31 PM

Just bought an 05 GMC 3500 Dually crew cab long bed. Love it! Duramax and Allison trans. long bed is more versatile than short. Had the short and wished for the long. Good Luck!

Reed Jensen 10-20-2004 07:47 PM

I've had a short bed... and they are next to worthless for hauling anything... I've driven crew cab duallies with a full bed... the only problem you will find is parking the thing... They are so long... you have a hard time in parking garages. Other than that... I'm looking at a 4 door Dodge dually with a full size bed... they are a little shorter than Chevs or Fords. The back seat folds down to create a cargo area... but the leg room is a lot less than in the others.

RYNO 10-20-2004 07:50 PM

Short Bed Duallys Are F' N Gay L B's Fo Life

BEAST1 10-20-2004 10:14 PM

LOng bed is the way to go. You have to park at the end of the lot buteveryone can use the walk

Madcow 10-21-2004 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by RYNO
Short Bed Duallys Are F' N Gay L B's Fo Life

I noticed there are almost as many people here who like shorts as there ar longs. You better have more than 4 posts to start calling us gay. :rolleyes:

Tim G. 10-21-2004 08:08 AM

I just switched from a crew dually longbed to a 2500 ext cab long bed..
Next to no difference.... :rolleyes: I'm kicking myself for not getting another crew dualy LONGBOX. The shorty crews are incredibly goofy looking. They remind me of that Ford Explorer with the little box on it... Worthless...
Those of you that think a short crew is that much easier to aprk than a longbed should drive both... There's no real difference.
Having a hard time parking???? I think Ford makes a "Focus" that should work a bit better for 'ya. Yes, reduced towing capacity..but you shouldn't be towing much if you can't handle a crew longbox on it's own.... :eek: