Notices

WTF? Sarasota Boating

Old 10-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF? Sarasota Boating

A NIGHTTIME POKER RUN! Yeah! Can it be done? Sounds Crazy, but I'm sure we have all done worse.

Anybody got a name?

besides the Midnight Walrus Run?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

The same rules run all the way up to the Northern tip of Tampa Bay. They want to make entire areas no-wake zones, like the area north of the Courtney Campbell Causeway.

I fear that a "Midnight Run" would only lead to new sound limitations being imposed by the same Bozos that gave us the no-wake zones.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of moving to Sarasota but was not able to find work. Maybe city manager is one position I should look at.

Roby
Old 10-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Registered

Im in with the protest thing!!!!!!!!! We need some high perf. boat mfgs. to step in with some arguments too...Maybe George Sr. needs to hear are gripe afterall he's a performance boater too. Tell the insurance carriers to drop the rates since speed is slowly being taken outa the equation. I guess its gonna be HAUL A$$ and dont look back! LOL
Old 10-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Registered

Wonder how they are going to mark 300 ft. off the Gulf Shore? Maybe put cute little pink buoys or something. I think that Gulf thing is going to be real hard to enforce, for one thing, they don't have enough boats to patrol the Intracoastal and the Gulf.

We could get the whole fleet together and do a "fly by" right in front of Siesta Key and Lido Beach at the same time, then everybody split up then meet back at the Hyatt. Hell they sure couldn't catch all of us. Maybe me, I'm slow. But that's okay, I'll just tell'em my name is Cuda.

From Venice south, it's pretty much a 25 mph zone in the Intracoastal, and I used to run around 40 and never even get looked at. It's the rich selfcentered green weenie azzholes in Sarasota that only want blowbotes.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in with the protest!

All I have to say is, we're going to need all the luck in the world to even get their attention. They have millions(literally) of members, dozens of world-class attorneys and lobbyists, and pockets that run VERY deep.

Remember, this isn't just a local thing, these mandates come from The Federal Government, State Government and the Department of the Interior(Fish and Wildlife Commission).

The government was sued by these whackos, and the whackos won!!

We have a very difficult fight ahead of us.

Unfortunately, It comes down to Environmental do-gooders who are nobly trying to save poor, innocent, defenseless, cute animals -vs- notibly upper-class snobs with extravagent, loud, smelly, gas-guzzling, dangerous powerboats....NOT my words, but this is the perception.

Last edited by Cig Daze; 10-21-2004 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this law in effect today 10-21-04....I am afraid that this will seriuosly affect testing Race Boats in Sarasota.

Julie
Old 10-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Registered

Here is the link to the recommendations that were made at the September meeting. http://myfwc.com/manatee/Agenda_ItemTB_FWC_Sept-04.pdf

I live north of the Courtney Campbell and was active in the meetings involving our area. It started out that they wanted to put a 25mph limit in the channels of Tampa Bay and no wake outside the channel. Also no wake for everything north of the Courtney Campbell. It turned out better that we thought for us but Manatee County took a hit. That affects us too because we do a lot of boating south. These people are are not boaters, just idiots!

Keith
Old 10-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, first they have to catch me. those sarasota police scarabs are pretty slow, and the officers are not the friendly type........exit stage ...Gulf

maximus
Old 10-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hugetime1
here is the best way to make our point, we do this until we get listened to. on a rotational basis we go out every night in our boats , maybe around midnight or 1 and just parade up and down the icw and all the canals and let them know that this will not stop until we can reach some middle ground. can you imagine 100 monsters a night just idling around up and down all the canals everynight obeying all there rules. after about 2 months of no sleep maybe they will back off.
I think that would be the worse thing to do. Then they will feel their law was justified.

The law is basically unenforceable in my eyes, but it will basically give them a reason to issue a citation, which could most likely be beaten in court.

Quick Reply: WTF? Sarasota Boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.