Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steve1 check this out

http://fbdesign.it/R&D.php
Old 01-06-2011, 01:27 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice to see you guys have "discovered" Fabio.......again.

He's been one of the finest boat racing minds in the world for decades.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 01-06-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando

Cat that is a old system ,but Buzzi has taken it up a level or so,Problem with urethane foam is it has no peel strength until the density of granite, apparently he has a better foam.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x

T2x
Yes Sir without a doubt.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x

T2x
Wow, you agree with what I say all the time about him, I'm sure but that can't be good for my reputation on here? LOL

Serious question, the 1989 AC World's day 1 (Tuesday) you filmed it(?), we were there - how big were those seas? I have my guess but I would like to hear yours?

The reason I'm asking and no disepect to Catmando's comment here about 110 mph in 8-10 seas. But a real persepctive because I recall Gancia averaged 66 or 76 mph and pasted the Apaches? (I could wrong about this?)

Just an idea of seas and speeds from someone who covered more races than most people have raced in? I know very hard to equate the difficulty of steep waves on the shoals to same sized ocean swells along that course but a back to how fast boats really average in real ocean racing.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I believe the record they broke was Paul Fiore in a triple diesel and blackhawk drive 40 Hustler in the early 90's.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I believe the record they broke was Paul Fiore in a triple diesel and blackhawk drive 40 Hustler in the early 90's.
Always bringing the subject back to OL
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
Wow, you agree with what I say all the time about him, I'm sure but that can't be good for my reputation on here? LOL

Serious question, the 1989 AC World's day 1 (Tuesday) you filmed it(?), we were there - how big were those seas? I have my guess but I would like to hear yours?

The reason I'm asking and no disepect to Catmando's comment here about 110 mph in 8-10 seas. But a real persepctive because I recall Gancia averaged 66 or 76 mph and pasted the Apaches? (I could wrong about this?)

Just an idea of seas and speeds from someone who covered more races than most people have raced in? I know very hard to equate the difficulty of steep waves on the shoals to same sized ocean swells along that course but a back to how fast boats really average in real ocean racing.
Those seas were legitimate 4-5 feet..... (8-10 feet from peak to trough) with an occasional 7 footer. Yes we covered the event........ Most High Performance boaters make the common mistake of measuring seas from the bottom to the top of the wave rather than the variance from the mean water height which is the proper technique.

By the way....... The people who disagree with me the most.... have no one to blame but themselves....

T2x
Old 01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"...Most High Performance boaters make the common mistake of measuring seas from the bottom to the top of the wave..." T2x

That's the way I thought they were measured too. BTW I love your race calls, especially on youtube with Team Apache, "...the magic throttle arm of Bob Saccenti. Show us how it's done Bob." "Pushin and pushin and pushin". "That's the wave that's been out here all week folks". Great stuff!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Those seas were legitimate 4-5 feet..... (8-10 feet from peak to trough) with an occasional 7 footer. Yes we covered the event........ Most High Performance boaters make the common mistake of measuring seas from the bottom to the top of the wave rather than the variance from the mean water height which is the proper technique.

By the way....... The people who disagree with me the most.... have no one to blame but themselves....

T2x
I don't have the stats from that race but do you remember the speeds and Gancia not even averaging 80 on day 1? I guess with threads about "best rough water boat ever", did any of them ever go as fast as we remember and would a modern day boat, OL, Apache, Donzi, Skater, Mistic, etc, etc really have a higher average speed on a day like that if they had to cover the 100 plus miles?

As you make note of often, you have finish to win and we were all a little more conservative knowing how far you had to go. I told the story on here before about what Buzzi's race plan was for every race:
- get out front first
- stay out front
- always set the pace
- make the gas boats chase you
- even if they pass you 70% of them will break before the race ends
- the other diesel boats can't catch us, so don't worry
- lastly, finish and you'll win by default

ps - we tend to go 2 mph per year faster for every year after the actual event - LOL

Quick Reply: Fabio Buzzi Sets new World Record

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.