Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91383-ripped-off-again-my-national-marine-story.html)

candyman35 11-29-2004 11:20 PM

Re: Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!!

Wow! :( That's unbelievable. I hope things work out somehow and you get some justice from these individuals.
Dan

jtmiller02 11-29-2004 11:37 PM

Man greg my mess is not near as bad as yours, but believe me you are not alone, and it is not just boating. Before I got hurt my credit was over 700, now I'm afraid to even look. Its depressing, and angering to say the least, I can certainly understand your desire to speak out.

DaveP 11-29-2004 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by bern's 29scarab
OSO member Dave P is a VP for Essex Credit and i'm sure would do anything he could to help you out.

Thanks Bern for the plug.

MY OFFER to all OSO members: Feel free to call me (732-899-7886) to ask any questions about making a purchase that includes financing. You don't have to use my office for me to answer questions for you. It is way to easy to get screwed - I.E. National Marine.

I would always recommend research your financing! Also - make sure title searches are ALWAYS performed no matter what! It is our policy to NEVER allow a dealer to make a payoff on a boat - WE MAKE THE PAYOFF or no deal.

There are plenty of reputable marine finance companies out there that will finance you as well as protect you. Essex, Scott, Offshore, Russo, etc... are very reputable finance companies.

If the dealer makes a sweet deal with you with all kinds of caviats (no payments, trade in guarantee, etc.... its B*ll****)

Cash Bar 11-29-2004 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sure miss her...

hp500efi 11-30-2004 06:14 AM

Greg, WOW what a shame that there are people out there that do this to other humans. You make sure you keep the board up to speed. It will be also interesting to see what happens to those crooks. I woundn't doubt that some sharp attorney gets them with just a slap on the wrist :mad:

tiufb 11-30-2004 06:17 AM

Bypass the dealer and buy factory direct if possible. They usually have some used stuff too.

__________________________________________________ _____
Why be half assed, when you can be all ass.

105mph_38_2003 11-30-2004 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by tiufb
Bypass the dealer and buy factory direct if possible. They usually have some used stuff too.

__________________________________________________ _____
Why be half assed, when you can be all ass.

I know of people that tried that and the factory referred them to NM, but in defense of the factory know that they were in the dark about the demise of NM :(

Bill is a crook and conman living in his own little world...Does anyone know his whereabouts now?

Audiofn 11-30-2004 06:42 AM

Man Cash that just totally sucks. I got hosed for 5 grand it looks like on a motor deal and I felt like ****. Reading this I am not sure how you are not up there knocking on his door with a bat. I will survive from my screwing but I kept feeling so stupid about it, like I should have done this different or that different. BULLCHIT!!! We guys like you and I trust people because we would never do that to some one else. Unfortunatly there are guys in this world that could care less. If I do not hear from my jerk off by the end of today with a offer then I am posting up my storry :(

Jon

DollaBill 11-30-2004 07:35 AM

Greg,

Call me. I'll hook you up if you want a Fountain (I can sell Fountain Sport Boats in So. Fl. - playing by the rules if anyone wants to start any crap!).

It's December and it's slow. I can get any financing done. I'll show you how a REAL dealer does business and then you can be one more referal for me.

gotherdone 11-30-2004 07:46 AM

Greg,

I feel your pain. I have a couple of boats caught up in the same mess. Even worse the people who bought my trade are friends of mine....So were are working with banks and attorneys trying to get it worked out. But to many sleepless nights I know that...Hopefully the banks will forgive your loan, then you can buy your boat back from the original owner...
NM has alot of people in financial trouble. This really sucks.....