Notices

My first boat race

Old 07-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: My first boat race

few more for now..
Attached Thumbnails My first boat race-grand-prix-13.jpg   My first boat race-grand-prix-14.jpg  
Old 07-20-2006, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Me, DC and Flash. Mom liked me as you can tell
What is with you Croppers and breaking and being towed? ...DC has his angry elvis glasses on.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
What is with you Croppers and breaking and being towed? ...DC has his angry elvis glasses on.
I was thinking the same thing .... just didn't wanna say it.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

the guy lombardo freeport race became the vince fasano guy lombardo classic in 1980 or 1 due to lack of funds.......vince became a sponsor to save the race.........this was the race where black sunday sunk at the dock because they were not hip to the 8-10 foot tide change.........the boat was thought stollen untill the tide went down you could see the white #s under the water....then the word sabotage came up......added security was instant......that night the wet pits were were alive.......guys from all walks of life were presant........then someone noticed the fayva shoes V bottom was being held down by the stern lines........case close.........mark........
Attached Thumbnails My first boat race-lasts.jpg  

Last edited by el indio; 07-21-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the old pics guys....keep them coming.......I have to ask ....where in Freeport were the dry/wet pits and where did the Freeport race actually run to......? Is it me or was racing much more attainable (for lack of a better word) to the averge enthusiast then it is today. Seems like today you need to be a zillionaire to even think about it.........
Old 07-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered

leave jones beach.........out to abrose light.............around a designated check boat and home to jones inlet..............wet and dry at town dock......end of hudson canal............if my memory serves me............remember I was hit on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!.........m.m........
Old 07-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered

Sounds like it was a blast........I would love to see some races come back to L.I. one day........
Old 07-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Registered

WOW Mark.. check out the Race headquarters tee shirt
Old 07-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
the guy lombardo freeport race became the vince fasano guy lombardo classic in 1980 or 1 due to lack of funds.......vince became a sponsor to save the race.........this was the race where black sunday sunk at the dock because they were not hip to the 8-10 foot tide change.........the boat was thought stollen untill the tide went down you could see the white #s under the water....then the word sabotage came up......added security was instant......that night the wet pits were were alive.......guys from all walks of life were presant........then someone noticed the fayva shoes V bottom was being held down by the stern lines........case close.........mark........
Mark,

I think my father had the same ash tray on his boat that you had on your dash. Wasn't that the one that was filled with sand or something so it did'nt move around.

Race Headquarters, wasn't that Bob S. company?

Frank
Old 07-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Registered

beanbag ashtray......Bobby was Race Headquarters.......at a race Bobby would have 4 teams that competed and serviced all to the max.......The hollywood guys should make a movie about him......Bobby is doing this boat stuff since the 60s............Magnum Mark........P.S.....and he is still here!!!!!

Quick Reply: My first boat race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.