Notices

American Hotrod

Old 12-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: American Hotrod

Originally Posted by Stillcrazy
When I moved to Florida I heard that they just couldn't find good workers. What I have found out in the last 20 years is that it was poor management, not the workers. I came from the North, managing over a hundred tech's in 5 areas with the Steel workers union overseeing. So I am well versed in being handicaped with people that are protected. It is up to the manager. The buck stops there.
If you were aiming at the "The South" thread..... you missed.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rambunctious
after that highlight of the week i was walking back to our booth and saw Courtney. she is so awesome and so full of personality.
Ramb
Not to mention, very hot.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Registered

I agree about Boyd.
I have always thought his work was great, (loved the car he designed "Cadzilla".)
After watching the show, I can't even stand to look at the book I have on his cars.
If it was one of my cars they were building on the show, I would be pissed.

On the otherhand, Foose and Troy Trepanier are class acts and incredibly talented.

After seeing what Troy did to this Biscayne:
http://www.radrides.com/photogallery.php

I went out and bought this yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails American Hotrod-19.jpeg   American Hotrod-22.jpeg   American Hotrod-07.jpeg  

Last edited by magnuman; 12-07-2004 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Registered

Did anybody see the engraved flames the chick on American Chopper did last night?
Pretty freakin' cool!

Last edited by Zanie; 12-07-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

Saw it,, But I did not appreciate El-Senior-Douche-bag's comments regarding Justin. They give that kid a ridiculous time frame to paint an entire bike and he comes through with some pretty amazing paint jobs, some mis-communication and he's gonna cancel the check, what a low life... Anywho,, yes, she did an amazing job, the entire flame job looked amazing.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Got bored over the Thanksgiving holidays and stumbled onto TLC with about 4-5 hours of Boyd's rebuild. I was shocked. Like so many of the posts before mine, I couldn't believe how dysfunctional the entire operation was from Boyd on down. And to allow TV cameras to film this incompetance was beyond belief. Boyd didn't want the job done right, he wanted it done quick! Contrast Boyd with Troy's operation and the '70 Cuda. It was like night and day. Troy's team treated everything like it was jewelry. I once visited the west coast operation of our company. A colleague of mine was the original owner of a black 289 Shelby Cobra. He took me over to the Torrance airport to McClusky's (Spelling?) to see the Cobra's being rebuilt there. Really neat! Lou
Old 12-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris288
Saw it,, But I did not appreciate El-Senior-Douche-bag's comments regarding Justin. They give that kid a ridiculous time frame to paint an entire bike and he comes through with some pretty amazing paint jobs, some mis-communication and he's gonna cancel the check, what a low life... Anywho,, yes, she did an amazing job, the entire flame job looked amazing.
I totally agree Senior really gave Justin the shaft. Justin jumps thru hoops for the those idiots with their rediculus time frames and thats how they treat him? Sheesh!
Old 12-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Registered

Who is still left at Boyd's? I read that Charlie, Duane and possibly Mike have all quit in addition to Blue Bear having been fired. Anyone know the deal there?

As for OCC last night, I'm with big Paul on the Justin situation. Justin could have turned down the paint work if he was too busy to complete it. Plus, if you listened Paul mentioned that it had happened several times in recent months. So, if Justin is over his head, he needs to turn work down, not disappoint customers especially ones with television shows. Still, I do feel bad for the guy. His work seemed pretty amazing.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you only imagine if Paulie left and went out on his own ?
Old 12-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Registered

El-Senior-Douche-Bag has started crap with every painter they have used, look at the childish bullsh!t antics he pulls, do you think it was any different with Justin ??.. Like Zanie said, that kid jumped through hoops for them, and I am sure no matter how busy he was, he would try like hell to get their work finished and out the door for them... I find it amazing how in the beginning they worked out of a basement, drove around in a crappy explorer with a busted up front end, and nobody knew their name, now the two big shots tool around in his and hers hummers, have a huge rig and bi-level trailer, I truthfully can't wait until they are yesterday's news,, maybe they will come back to reality.

As for AHR, Charlie was already on Rides last night painting for Foose, and the latest news I heard on their forum is that everyone else is still at Boyds.

Quick Reply: American Hotrod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.