Notices

American Hotrod

Old 12-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Stillcrazy

Default Re: American Hotrod

Originally Posted by fund razor
If you were aiming at the "The South" thread..... you missed.
I missed that thread, I guess. No i was not aiming at that just some previous comment defending Mr. Boyd HAVING to acept the "Shop of Fools" because there wasn't anybody better. That may be in his area but I was making the point there is always a way to deal with the problem. And it aint paint ball fights,Summo wrestling,and the rest of the stuff that they showed going on in the shop. An air hose up the butt is really not funny and will be imitated by less knowledgeable people.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:47 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow I've stumbled on hotrodonly.com

I have minimal interest in cars, overegulation and the impact on all facets of my life (well outside of driving a car) if I get any form of ticket has killed it for me.

With all the rules... cars suck and boats are where it's at.

Please they get a chubby for a single bored out small block engine with a vortech pumping out 500hp, give me 598's with blowers that pump out 2300hp for both of them and sound like an Saturn 5 rocket lauch anyday.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cig1988
Could you only imagine if Paulie left and went out on his own ?
Junior? To do what? Weld some tacky objects onto other people's bikes?
Old 12-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmn

OUCH!............................................. ....
Old 12-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Stillcrazy

Originally Posted by GLH
Wow I've stumbled on hotrodonly.com

I have minimal interest in cars, overegulation and the impact on all facets of my life (well outside of driving a car) if I get any form of ticket has killed it for me.

With all the rules... cars suck and boats are where it's at.

Please they get a chubby for a single bored out small block engine with a vortech pumping out 500hp, give me 598's with blowers that pump out 2300hp for both of them and sound like an Saturn 5 rocket lauch anyday.
I am sorry but could not find hotrodonly.com
Don't try boating in Lee county,Florida. It is just about shut down with Manatee zones. Goal of save the Manate Club is NO boats. It used to be nice to see and hear that horsepower. My Donzi is up for sale but it is like selling ice cubes to .......

Old 12-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rainmn

Senior would be lost. If Paulie and Vinny walked out they would clean house. Who's left.. Mikey dancing to the tunes of "wild thang" ?
Old 12-08-2004, 12:13 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Stillcrazy
I am sorry but could not find hotrodonly.com
Don't try boating in Lee county,Florida. It is just about shut down with Manatee zones. Goal of save the Manate Club is NO boats. It used to be nice to see and hear that horsepower. My Donzi is up for sale but it is like selling ice cubes to .......
Florida inland regs are definitely more stringent than where I boat in the summers but still nowhere near regs on the roads.
Also in FL you can always try offshore...
Old 12-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cig1988
Senior would be lost. If Paulie and Vinny walked out they would clean house. Who's left.. Mikey dancing to the tunes of "wild thang" ?
I disagree. Sr. has built two businesses already. Jr. seems to have the business sense of my left sock, and about as much talent, IMO.
Sure, if Vinnie & Jr. left, that would probably be the end of the show (Which I wouldn't miss) but if anyone was going to continue to be successful, my money would be on Sr.
The "Production" bikes can be built by just about anyone, and the name is already established.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 3,024 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by Team V
Sad show.... almost painful to watch... they don't have nowhere near the personalities of the OCC crew....
Whats funny is you can tell it's the same writers as OCC with the "You know...." and the "I feel its this way or that...." They sound exactly like OCC.

On the subject of OCC, they don't even need to build those bikes. Have you ever seen their steele business attached to the M/C shop? It's HUGE w/ major cash invested. I don't personally like the OCC bikes, they are WAY too over the top. A buddy of mine bought one before the show was on the air for like 35k. It was a total POS!! Electrical didn't work, leaked like a sive and various other issues.

I also like how all these shows when they first start the garages are small and cramped. After a few episodes and the $$ starts rolling in from producers they move up in the world...i.e. OCC, West Coast Choppers, West Coast Customs (Pimp my ride) etc. etc. etc. Jesse James was on the virge of Bankrupt prior to the Discovery channel.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd rather watch any of these show than most of the other junk on TV!!!

Boyd's does seem like a bunck of ego's going at it!! What's the manager of the shop??? He needs to take a class on people management and not drop the cus words so much!!!!

Quick Reply: American Hotrod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.