Like Tree0Likes

American Hotrod

Old 12-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: one slow Fountain, one fast ice boat.
Default Re: American Hotrod

I'm suprised by how much of the final product comes from the paint shop. Most of the tin sent by OCC to the painter looks awfully rough. The painter must do a lot of filling and fairing before paint.

Did any of you see the chopper build-off where Indian Larry was trying to lace a spoke wheel ? Bet there arn't many that can do that today.

The bozo they fired on the HotRod show probably could ruin a anvil with a ballpeen hammer.

ed
Old 12-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION

I agree, Junior has about as much talent as a high school shop student. Senior did build a sucessful steele business but they didn't start living large until A.C. show took off.. They basically stepped in Sh!t getting the show, without it they would be another no name chopper shop, putting out o.k. bikes. There are some extremely talented builders out there who could put these clowns to shame...
Old 12-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 29PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank
Whats funny is you can tell it's the same writers as OCC with the "You know...." and the "I feel its this way or that...." They sound exactly like OCC.
Exactly!! Same script! Cookie cutter show...

But at least Paul Sr, Jr, Mike and Vinny are funny... and can ad-lib to the script. The Boyd boys are just trying to act like OCC... faking bad attitudes, getting upset over nothing, trying to create tension when there isn't any, etc...
Now maybe OCC and the script writers are trying to play it up on A.C., but at the beginning I think it was genuine, and the audience liked it and wanted more...
Old 12-08-2004, 04:32 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank
Whats funny is you can tell it's the same writers as OCC with the "You know...." and the "I feel its this way or that...." They sound exactly like OCC.

On the subject of OCC, they don't even need to build those bikes. Have you ever seen their steele business attached to the M/C shop? It's HUGE w/ major cash invested. I don't personally like the OCC bikes, they are WAY too over the top. A buddy of mine bought one before the show was on the air for like 35k. It was a total POS!! Electrical didn't work, leaked like a sive and various other issues.

I also like how all these shows when they first start the garages are small and cramped. After a few episodes and the $$ starts rolling in from producers they move up in the world...i.e. OCC, West Coast Choppers, West Coast Customs (Pimp my ride) etc. etc. etc. Jesse James was on the virge of Bankrupt prior to the Discovery channel.

West Coast Customs was big time before "pimp my ride" they are just now known to the MTV crowd, and trust me, nobody who didn't know them before is sending them their Bently for a $50k conversion because they stuck a fish tank in somebody's back seat.
They have been and will continue to do all the actors, pro athletes and specialty cars they can handle...
Old 12-08-2004, 04:39 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

does jason priestly do the voice over for rides since he can't drive a boat...?
Old 12-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
West Coast Customs was big time before "pimp my ride" they are just now known to the MTV crowd, and trust me, nobody who didn't know them before is sending them their Bently for a $50k conversion because they stuck a fish tank in somebody's back seat.
They have been and will continue to do all the actors, pro athletes and specialty cars they can handle...
Oh, I know they've been around for a while....310 was first out here though....But they did just upgrade their shop w/money from the MTV show
Old 12-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Registered

My Boats: 42 Outerlimits GTX
Talking Re: American Hotrod

Im glad these shows are starting to come around,hopefully the shows will get real serious.The amount of talent to pick from these days ,well it is just pitifull! Nothing wrong with a little BS but most of these shows go way overboard.I like my kids to see the creative side and grease,hard work feels good and makes you feel like a goddamn american!Long live honest men.Ill take common sense over book smarts any day of the week.After having 30 bluebeards come and go in the last 5 yrs Im shutting it down to just a few quality employees>Thank you!

And yes bring back ship shape tv!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION

What happened to ship shape T.V. Did I miss something, is it gone ??
Old 01-21-2005, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2008 Nor-Tech 3600

Holy Chit. Charlie left to work for Chip Foose.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:14 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

My Boats: '96 Checkmate 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris288
What happened to ship shape T.V. Did I miss something, is it gone ??

I just saw an episode a week or so ago. He was in the Sea Ray factory. I don't know if it was a new episode and I didn't care. I wish there were more boating shows on.