Notices

American Hotrod

Old 01-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: American Hotrod

I just started watching American Hotrod new years. I have to admit that I love the show.

Roby
Old 01-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaneil
Holy Chit. Charlie left to work for Chip Foose.
if Boyd wasn't such a prick he my have stayed Chip Foose can kick his azz
Old 01-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Registered

I can't say he is a prick. He goes to a big expense to make sure his guys are taking care of.

Roby
Old 01-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by robyw1
I can't say he is a prick. He goes to a big expense to make sure his guys are taking care of.

Roby
i think the show does a lot of that
Old 01-21-2005, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaneil
Holy Chit. Charlie left to work for Chip Foose.
He and Chip knew each other from before, I'm frankly glad to see it. Boyd is an ungrateful SOB. I saw Dwayne at SEMA and he though he was hot doo doo. He is about as tall as an oompa loompa and is a total jackass.

As for OCC, the guy Dee that originally helped them build the jet bike, he had on his site that let them build them, then bring them to him to make them right. Also heard a story from a local builder about the Trimspa bike had an issue and the old man told him to take it to a shop, they are artists at OCC. Also wasnt real impressed with the old man, while in Myrtle for bike week he got pissy while at an outback because everyone was playing drunk trivia at the bar, and not fawning all over him. But we all built our own bikes anyhow, so why listen to his yap?

Look for Larry Mcullogh from Pro Paint here in MD on an upcoming episode, great painter and great guy!

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 01-22-2005 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

i think charlie made the right move. it sucks to be torn between people you get along with but the owner acts the way he does. painting for15+ years ,i have been there. gotta go gotta go ,car can sit the lot for 2 weeks , body man holds it for another 4 days , i get it , gotta go today! doing the work they do takes serious time ,boyd pumps out (or did) like 1 week work. slave drive if you ask me. you can't put a ad in the paper and find someone to fill that spot. you would have to steal a person from somewhere else. that's why his wife was crying , she new that's it ! no more cars rolling out . all cars that were promised ,deadlines ,deposits - f'd at that point. i enjoyed painting when i was a kid , now it's just a job . i say good luck charlie .
Old 01-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
i think charlie made the right move. it sucks to be torn between people you get along with but the owner acts the way he does. painting for15+ years ,i have been there. gotta go gotta go ,car can sit the lot for 2 weeks , body man holds it for another 4 days , i get it , gotta go today! doing the work they do takes serious time ,boyd pumps out (or did) like 1 week work. slave drive if you ask me. you can't put a ad in the paper and find someone to fill that spot. you would have to steal a person from somewhere else. that's why his wife was crying , she new that's it ! no more cars rolling out . all cars that were promised ,deadlines ,deposits - f'd at that point. i enjoyed painting when i was a kid , now it's just a job . i say good luck charlie .
I totally agree....good for Charlie......getting home at 11 every night gets to be bullchit......happens in my work probably happens in yours........ you got the car(job) done!!!!........but your wife leaves ya' because she feels like shes single.......greaaaaaat.....need time to have a life outside of work......and I also agree.....it could take months to replace him.....and Ive always thought Dwayne is an azzhole....doug
Old 01-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

I have watches overhauling and Foose builds a whole car in 1 week an ddoesnt yell once
and everyone seems to have fun they do work real long hours though
he made the right move
What is the bad blood between Foose and Codington?
Old 01-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Registered

Ya the yelling and screaming makes a chit work environment ..doesnt make your guys want to do you right , it makes em hate ya.. Seems to be something to guys that have spent their whole lives in a business ..probably burnout .. Id love to get my hands on that little guy Dwayne ..he realy thinks his doesnt stink
Old 01-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Ya the yelling and screaming makes a chit work environment ..doesnt make your guys want to do you right , it makes em hate ya.. Seems to be something to guys that have spent their whole lives in a business ..probably burnout .. Id love to get my hands on that little guy Dwayne ..he realy thinks his doesnt stink
send him over here he needs a good olredneck azz whooping

Quick Reply: American Hotrod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.