Notices

Thrown out of a boat

Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I was just lookin at pictures of a boat i was in testing when we stuffed and got thrown out.Who on this sight has been thrown out of a boat[at speed]?Augie i already Know you have.
I was ejected with two crew members from a 30 velocity right at 80 MPH. The water was cold (Pearl Harbor day) and the Coast Guard never looked better! Was about 5 miles offshore 1 mile from Anclote Island.
Steve
Old 03-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

I never got ejected but got to witness one real close up. Start of the Barnegat race 1985. I was racing "A" in a 21 Superboat. A 22 Velocity hooked right in front of me and tossed the driver. I ran him over and he said he saw the prop go by his head. No damage done. We helped him back in the boat and he finished the race right behind us.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barrel rolled 2000 Corpist cristy Keith Herbott went swimming but not before breaking 3 of my ribs on the way out. Saw my share of ejection's UTZ, Taboo, Sun Country, Abbdi Mastery, watched Nigal roll, B Teage Every time I'm racing an see these things my heart misses more then a few beats. Jo
Old 03-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Does being BLOWN out count?

If so, 41 Apache, Coco Beach, 1992.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We lost the drive indicator one lap before the hook and spin, and the boat went into a BAD bow steer. I saw it comming, but could not do anything about.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Todesca
Barrel rolled 2000 Corpist cristy Keith Herbott went swimming but not before breaking 3 of my ribs on the way out. Saw my share of ejection's UTZ, Taboo, Sun Country, Abbdi Mastery, watched Nigal roll, B Teage Every time I'm racing an see these things my heart misses more then a few beats. Jo

Funny I didn't know you were in the boat! I was co-piloting Angel II and put a diver on Herbot!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

2002 St. Claire River.

Testing with GORDO. Hooked and bounced me around like a pin-ball. GORDO stopped me from going all the way out then got me back to the dock.

Everyone said it looked like a butcher shop floor in the boat. Orbital fracture and 21 stitches later. This was with a full faced helmetm without it I would be dead.

I raced 10 days later in Cleveland.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well, lets see. 2008, Harrison Township, Mi. The Condo on the inside turn 3, next to us Konrad Fountain Of Youth and Simmons on the outside. We were pinched at the pin, I backed off a little and Kevin caught the top of Konrads wake. The Condo's A$$ went airborn as the nose stuffed. Me throttling from the port side was shot out like a cannon. All I remember is seeing black and I thought I was sent straight to hell. Dislocated my right shoulder, dilocated my right knee and 3 hairline fractures in my right ankle. Two operations later and I'm ready for the 2009 OPA/Jersey Boyz Offshore Racing Season. Oh, Lisa made me go make out my will one week after the spin out.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Augie's Financial Future

I'm not a financial expert but I really think you check on getting a revocable trust instead of next to useless will.I don't think you want some 30 year old spending your money.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I stand corrected Sy, it is a irrevocable Trust.

Quick Reply: Thrown out of a boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.