Notices

50W Mobil 1

Old 12-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: 50W Mobil 1

Originally Posted by Steet
Yes, that is the boat. I am very pleased with the Ilmors. They are very user friendly and better than my previous 500EFI as far as fuel economy. They are at least 25% more fuel efficient than the mercruisers. I am not a dodge person, as I have always been GM, but for now I am very happy. Ilmor are great people to deal with.
Great. I am thinking of a pair of the new ones they are releasing in 05, I believe they are going to be 600 plus hp.

What drives do you have with yours? And what kind of performance are you getting?

I sent you a PM.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 12-22-2004 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: 50W Mobil 1

What's interesting is that a year ago I asked what folks here thought about Illmors and was slammed. They have great potential and their torque is unmatched by the 525's. All they need to do is expand customer service locations and they are here for the long haul.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 12-22-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
What's interesting is that a year ago I asked what folks here thought about Illmors and was slammed. They have great potential and their torque is unmatched by the 525's. All they need to do is expand customer service locations and they are here for the long haul.
Agree that service is an issue. I have a place at LOTO and Wilbus Marine there is one of their locations, you have seen their writeups in PB and Hotboat where they are running the Ilmors in the 32 advantage. They are pushing the Ilmors in all their new boats. I read where Ilmor's business plan was to sell 300 engines in 2004, not sure how they ended up on that goal. But I haven't heard anything bad about them from owners yet. And we know their track record for non marine. Here for the long haul is still the question. I think the relationship they struck with Teague will help in that respect.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked the same questions quite a while ago, as to how they would service and would they be around for the long haul. The response was that they will offer training. They asked who was the best boat mechanic , certified, high performance in my area. I gave them my opinion. They will contact him and offer to train him at no cost to him. This is clearly the answer I needed. As to the long haul, they informed my that they are here to stay. They are extremely big and with Penske and Dailmer Chrysler a partner, this should be a great team. I believe you will see great things out of them.

Mentalpause, I will give you a call.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Registered

Thanks Steet, I really appreciate talking to you tonite. I will call to continue our conversation. Merry Christmas to you and your family.