Notices

Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Old 12-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Like the 32, the 38 is post cured epoxy. The price is in the $200-215K range depending on options. He's also working on a derivative of the poker run version which would have a removable canopy. The first hull out of the mold will be all carbon with 900 hp motors and arnesons.

here's another pic of the deck plug
Attached Thumbnails Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38-38-deck-plug.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to sound like a fool but who is doug wright? Are they a new boat? I like the lines.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:16 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug Wright from what I know is a very talented Glass man and designer. He has designed 3 different cats that I know of(this one being one of them) and I believe he helped out somewhere along the line in the stages of development of the Dragon Powerboats. Below are some of the other designs he is credited for.
Attached Thumbnails Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38-amt32mapei1.jpg   Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38-amt98.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 03:19 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug wright aka aero speed marine is the builder of the 32' boats Mapei and Hulk in SBI Super Stock. To my knowledge, he also designed the AMT 30 and built the Blondie raceboat which is now Berry Cuda on the SBI circuit. Both the AMT and the Aero Speed Marine boats have been dominant this year in SS class. His shop also builds the Dragon 39 hulls for Craig Barry.

Last edited by dcrighton; 12-31-2004 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member

dcrighton,

His designs have been dominant ever since the Blondie boat was introduced. Gary ran that boat against the Triples and many time finished in front of them. Awesome designs.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered

It's interesting that a lot of newer cat hulls are moving away from the hard angled tunnel "gussets" that are so noticeable on Skaters.

If you think about it, it makes sense, but I wonder if people will be skeptical of it because it is a departure from the Skater mob mentality.

The 38 looks like it will have nicer proportions than the 32.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member

Nothing against Skater at all as I really like all his designs and boats but I like a sport that other manufacturers come to the table and present a challenge to one another through design. I think it makes the particular sport and the industry that much more exciting. MTI has thrown in a great challenge and has shown it can dominate as well and with other like Doug Wright coming to get into the mix is great also. The same is happening with the V Bottoms manufactureres that was mostly dominated by one manufacturer. It just keeps all the distinguished builders on there toes and I really think that is a great thing for the industry and the sport.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Registered

Couldn't agree more DPT Motorsports.

I just feel for any company that is competing with Skater. For whatever reason, Skater has a stranglehold on the minds and wallets of many a would be offshore cat owner. It isn't until fairly recently that any other manufacturers are starting to make any breaks into the offshore cat marketshare.

I don't really have anything big against Skater, except that there are too many of them. If everyone owned a Ferrari to use to pick up the groceries, what would be the fun of seeing one?

Then again, I'm sure there are some of you who live in neighborhoods where there are plenty of people making gocery runs in Ferraris.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member

Not my neighborhood. Did anyone get any pics of the 32's he is building for a few teams this year????
Old 01-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Registered

so where are they built ..i'm assuming somewhere in south florida since dragons are built there also.

Don

Quick Reply: Spy pics of the new Doug Wright 38

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.