Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag? >

Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Notices

Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Old 12-31-2004, 07:39 AM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

I don't recall who did the research, but a company found a majority of dissatisfied customers will relay their bad experience to at least 8 people. Conversely, a satisfied customer only relayed their experience to no more than 2. The exposure for a vendor with a customer who had a bad experience was 4 times greater. This was common knowledge among sales/mktg departments more than 25 years ago when the term "customer satisfaction" was becoming religion. Today I would imagine the disparity is significantly higher due to the increase in personal communication routes (i.e., cell phones, email, instant messaging, forums, etc.), but I'm unaware of any similar studies done recently.

Here's a thread where someone had a good experience and took the time to write about it. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=91361

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 12-31-2004, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe Randy Sweers will treat you honestly. randy knows boats and you can talk openly about true value. Let him make a living and when it's time to get out you'll get out of your boat fairly easily.

Also try Scott Ryerson

Maximus
Old 12-31-2004, 08:03 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Salesmen suck.....and I'm one! I tell people I need to make a few bucks off you for every job you buy, not alot on just one job. I plan to be doing this my whole life and need those customers around for the long haul. (Why doesn't the majority of the population realize that?) Just realize anyone selling something has alterior motives.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:06 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilldeauce
If your a honest boat salesman or broker please don't read any further!!!

The last 3 times I've bought a boat has been a horrifying experience. I've changed people that I've dealt with and it seems eveytime I get fuc#ed in the a$$. I don't even know who I can trust anymore!!! Maybe I'm to nice (or to fuc#in stupid to realize whats going on. Thank god i posted a thread here and some of the oso members shot me straight. If I'd of known about this site years ago I'd probably of saved alot of money.. So does anyone recommend anyone who is a stand up guy.... I'm sorry to anyone I offend, i'm just pissed off.

I would have to say several come to mind....

* Frank Civitano @ Typhoon
* Tres Martin @ Martin Offshore
* Phil Lipschutz @ Lip-Ship

I'm sure more OSO'ers will chime in with theirs..
Old 12-31-2004, 08:11 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard good things about a company called National Marine

Keith is right, if you buy something locally you can usually go by what the street tells you. Do the same as your last post, post pics of boats and the dealer and see what the boards experience has been like.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I've spoken to Randy a couple times and i echo the compliments. He always returns calls, and even though a couple of the boats I'm looking at arent on his lot, he has talked about +/- of all of them. He moves alot of boats because this. Straight forward.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Wes,
I know when I bought my boat from the last salesman. I made myself a promise, if I ever get into the buisness I would never become one of them. My lsat Sales guy would have sold his life down the river for the sale and screwed me at the same time.. If a salesman worked for me and had that attitude he is history!
Old 12-31-2004, 08:45 AM
lilldeauce

I went to bed after I posted this thread last night because I was so pissed off. I woke up this morning still pissed off. So I'm going to post to all oso members what I'm looking for, with the amount of knowledge you guys have this should be alot easier than dealing with one person.

1. Don't really care about brand
2. Want 35-45 foot
3. Want V-bottom
4. Want Cuddy
5. Want reasonable amount of power
6. Needs trailer
7. Has to be newer 2001-2004
8. Low hours
9. Perfect Condition
10. $250 max
11. I would like a wild paint job (but not mandatory)
12. Fresh Water Use Only
13. I will travel anywhere in US or Canada..

Good Luck and Thank You..

Old 12-31-2004, 08:47 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at it from an employers perspective. The last sales manager I had was removed from his (my) office in handcuffs. Yes. He was screwing our customers AND his employer (me). He got me for approx $50,000 in commissions and another $10,000 in promises to customers I felt I had to honor. Guess what his last job was??? Used Car Salesman.

It is just as hard for employers to find good, honest salespeople to employ. Oh, also, this guy would have made over $100,000 legit in commission for the year. One word - Greed.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:50 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't get so discouraged. There are good and bad people in EVERY profession.

When I sold for Everglades Marina I not only wanted the customer to purchase A boat from me, I wanted him to trust me enough to buy his next 5 from me. Many salesmen do not figure to be around for the long haul.

The fun of my business was finding out what the customer expected the boat to bring to his life and then figure out between Apache, Cigarette, Fountain and Formula which one would satisfy the most of his needs. A salesman should be asking you questions and taking notes before he even shows you a boat.

I enjoyed a fine run at Everglades from 1987 to 1993 and many of my customers are my friends today. You should be looking for a salesman with that attitude.

Quick Reply: Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.