Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag? >

Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Notices

Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Old 12-31-2004, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Originally Posted by lilldeauce
I went to bed after I posted this thread last night because I was so pissed off. I woke up this morning still pissed off. So I'm going to post to all oso members what I'm looking for, with the amount of knowledge you guys have this should be alot easier than dealing with one person.

1. Don't really care about brand
2. Want 35-45 foot
3. Want V-bottom
4. Want Cuddy
5. Want reasonable amount of power
6. Needs trailer
7. Has to be newer 2001-2004
8. Low hours
9. Perfect Condition
10. $250 max
11. I would like a wild paint job (but not mandatory)
12. Fresh Water Use Only
13. I will travel anywhere in US or Canada..

Good Luck and Thank You..
Here is a 2002 Cigarette Tiger for sale in the Classifieds. I'm pretty sure it meets all your criteria

http://secure.offshoreonly.com/geocl...php?a=2&b=3364

LS JR.
Attached Thumbnails Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?-02-tiger5.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 09:00 AM
lilldeauce

Who's boat is it? Does anyone other than the owner have an opinion on it?

Old 12-31-2004, 09:23 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give me a an hour and I'll get more info on the cig, we're from same town and know the same people.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:25 AM
Registered

It's not mine
Old 12-31-2004, 09:43 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Here is a 2002 Cigarette Tiger for sale in the Classifieds. I'm pretty sure it meets all your criteria

http://secure.offshoreonly.com/geocl...php?a=2&b=3364

LS JR.
for what its worth
http://www.cigaretteracing.com/news2....asp?NewsID=26

Bikes and Boats at Laconia! - Monday, June 21, 2004 at 14:35
(View Photos)
It may be Bike Week in Laconia New Hampshire, site of one of the oldest motorcycle rallies in the country, but Lake Winnepesake always calls both bikers and boaters. That’s especially true at the Beach Bar at the NASWA Resort where the Makris family hosts a grand assortment of partiers who arrive on vehicles of all kinds.

But when Buddy Thomas pulled up at the “NAZ,” people stopped mid-beer to revel at the spectacle of this sleek and beautiful Cigarette trying to find room to dock--In fact, a couple of smaller boats jockeyed around to create space. The 2003 42’ Cigarette Tiger is painted with a “Tigger” theme (complete with a tail dropped over the side of the massive deck), but this Tiger is no ***** cat! It’s got twin 900’s from Competitive Marine, complete with Mooney Blowers—and it doesn’t purr, it roars!

Thomas purchased the Cigarette from Randy Hartmann at Lake Cumberland Marine (Somerset, Kentucky), who talked him out of his prior Fountains and Hustlers. According to Thomas, “Randy told me getting into a Cigarette was like going from a Crown Vic to a Mercedes Benz!” And was he right? Thomas is now getting ready to trade up to a new Cigarette 42X with staggered engines.

One of the newest models from Cigarette Racing Team, the 42X was created to offer bigger engines with Mercury VI drives a better balanced center of gravity, with the triple step bottom adjusted to better suit the weight and enhance performance. Thomas plans to equip the 42X with Sterling 1200’s—plenty of power to take on anything New England waters have to offer the Methuen, Massachusetts resident. But, he still may have to wait for dock space at the NAZ!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:55 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I went to bed after I posted this thread last night because I was so pissed off. I woke up this morning still pissed off. So I'm going to post to all oso members what I'm looking for, with the amount of knowledge you guys have this should be alot easier than dealing with one person.

1. Don't really care about brand
2. Want 35-45 foot
3. Want V-bottom
4. Want Cuddy
5. Want reasonable amount of power
6. Needs trailer
7. Has to be newer 2001-2004
8. Low hours
9. Perfect Condition
10. $250 max
11. I would like a wild paint job (but not mandatory)
12. Fresh Water Use Only
13. I will travel anywhere in US or Canada..

Good Luck and Thank You..
A friend has a 2000 Tiger with 555ci 750/800hp motors on a trailer. Indoor kept and waxed more than used. I remember him telling a Cig rep he wanted $175k He's ready for a Rough Rider. Happens to be in FL this week using the boat. If interested let me know, I'll get more info for ya.
Russ C.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
A friend has a 2000 Tiger with 555ci 750/800hp motors on a trailer. Indoor kept and waxed more than used. I remember him telling a Cig rep he wanted $175k He's ready for a Rough Rider. Happens to be in FL this week using the boat. If interested let me know, I'll get more info for ya.
Russ C.
It passed my house yesterday. Sounded mean. Couldn't get the camera in time.

I also have a friend with a 2000 Tiger it has 500EFI and XR drives. There is no boat as clean as this.

LS JR.
Attached Thumbnails Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?-img_3308.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by excursion
There are five scum jobs on this earth, that all they try to do is screw people everyday.

not in any order

1. Lawyer
2. Politician
3. Insurance Companys
4. Car salelsman
5. I.R.S.
UUHHHHH D HLAW sorry buddy.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:00 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to say that I have had very good luck with brokers so far. I live in Washington State. That is a long way from most larger performance boats. I have bought two boats in Florida and one in Pennsylvania. Only rejected one boat after traveling to Florida. But it wasn't really the brokers fault. Engines failed to reach full RPM during sea trial. It was a donation boat. The broker told me that they had never had it wet before I came to look at it. They refunded my deposit no problem. So I shopped around and found another one on the same trip that I did buy.

I have called a few that were obvious flakes from the beginning. I think one of them has more than one thread dedicated to him here on OSO. Beave head boats. I tried to buy a 40 Magnum through this guy, I finally gave up afer he evaded practically every question I had. Always wanted a deposit before he could answer any of my questions.

I think the best way to deal with a broker is to ask a million questions. Ask to talk to the owner. Get a ton of pics. Make sure every deal depends on satisfactory seatrial, financing, insurance, and survey.Never ever wire funds. Finance at least some so the bank will handle the paperwork. Be sure and tell the broker that it will be a huge waste of time for both parties if he is not being up front with you. Then mention it will take a week or so to get to see the boat because your trial date for assault is coming up!

Steve H
Old 12-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Robert Nelems is the best in the biz.

He's got a very nice, 2003 38 Donzi ZR at a great price . . . $250K, with staggered 575's and XR's.

Poker run edition.

Never titled.

Last edited by ApachePete; 12-31-2004 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Is Every Salesmen/broker A Scum Bag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.