Notices

Yup, We're Done.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Yup, We're Done.

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
Is the boat listed on this site?? Where can I see the boat and the asking price??
CAll Saber .... #616-837-6442
Attached Thumbnails Yup, We're Done.-victorys.jpg   Yup, We're Done.-trailerqueen.jpg   Yup, We're Done.-wwsmoke.jpg  

Old 01-11-2005, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedWon

PS Corrado, any chance you could photoshop that pic ? Half Nutz, Mary & TwinStep make me look like Mr. Fatface.

And GlassDave, I'm still gonna post what I've learned about High Performance CC's , the good and the bad. Most of the chest-beaters won't read it so I should be safe

SEE YA !
I thought it was all the crabcakes and vodka that made you look like Mr. Fatface !??!??!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

I have been thincking for days about posting and didn't know what to say, but I wish this wasn't happening. Jim and Mary are awsome people, I have gotten to know them over the last year and consider them close friends. Jim is my go to guy for the voice of reason and knowledge on all things offshore. Not only is Jim a class act everyone around him is good people. Looking forward to seeing them in florida this spring, and on the great lakes with the Fast FIshing boat this coming summer. Let me know if the Saber boys need any chubby ballast on the test runs of WW or the new JM special. See ya or talk to ya soon. Steve and Krista
Old 01-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim & Mary,
Remeber this one? And WHY we stayed in the back?

Looking forward to "relaxing" at our favorite watering holes in the Keys

And let's hook-up this summer when we bring the 41 to Lake Michigan.

Your friends,
Robert & Demi
Attached Thumbnails Yup, We're Done.-jim-mary.jpg   Yup, We're Done.-me-ralphys.jpg   Yup, We're Done.-41-snappers.jpg  

Old 01-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
Is the boat listed on this site?? Where can I see the boat and the asking price??
You need another one????!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm done too....... I quit, no ****!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:53 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Jim, I always looked forward to reading your insightful posts, and pics of WW.
You'll be missed.
WW is still one of my all time favorites. Hopefully she will stay in good hands.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote from Wicked Won...
"it's just that for Mary and I to show up at run, if just a few people have a bad attitude toward us because of our boat, well, this is all about fun and just a couple of wrong words can ruin a weekend for people like us, it's not our nature. ...."

I was floored by this... How could people ridicule you or act this way for having such a gorgeous machine. That and although Iv'e never met you, you seem humble enough ad aren't bragging that you are so much faster. Nowadays for $ 200,000 you can buy a 30' cat that does 110+ no sweat.

The answer lies in that the small fraternity of offshore boating has grown, and there are lots of people (us men mostly) who think it's cool to act like they are so much better than everyone. They see Wicked Won as the "Big Dog" and have to put you down. This is truly sad, and frankly I don't want to be around these people either. I can see why you are getting out of this sport and I hope to see you back sometime in the future. I am trying to get out of horses so that I can buy my first offshore boat.

Wannabe
Old 01-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know you always liked your boat. This is my favorite picture of it. Don't let a couple of A-holes ruin all that hard work you have done. Tom
Attached Thumbnails Yup, We're Done.-wickedwon4-27-03-045.jpg  
Old 01-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WickedWon
Thanks Parnell, it's funny ,the hardest part about making the decision to sell was let'en my little buddy down. Hopefully the person who buys it will carry on the Saber tradition of running it for the rush vs. bragging rights. Hell, if your all about dockside flash and impressing people who only know Offshore from what they read in magazines this ain't the boat for you ! Jerry's new rig is going to be very special, again, back to basics while hopefully raising the bar a touch. It's going to kill me not being their to run with him
SEE YA !
Funny timing really, cause I finally got my tanks out and I have officially lost 450 pounds! Jerry and your ride are now a measely 2000lbs less than mine and with 100 less horses per side on the spirit I should be able to really, oh hell, still get my ass kicked!

Offshore and dockside flash belong in different sentences to me.

You will have lots of rides, but you will not like it as much as throttling! In a year or two when you both get the itch again, Jerry will be right there with ww 's new owner holding both sides of the bar you will reach for. Can't wait to see that. NK

Quick Reply: Yup, We're Done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.