Notices

Yup, We're Done.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yup, We're Done.

I'm a lot like "GlassDave". I don't, and never will, have the fastest boat and really am not interested. Sure I'd like to go a little faster, but hitting three digits just isn't that important. I do with what I have and enjoy it like no other. One of the best things about being involved in offshore boating is the people I have met. Along with the general "commradery (spelling?)" found here on OSO. Sure you see the "getting all too common" aholes, like Ryan mentioned, I just laugh at them.

Once, at the docks at the Hyatt, this blowhard was telling everyone within earshot how much he'd spent on his rig. He was also going on about how he wanted to get a paintjob that would top everyone else. I suggested he name it "Platinum" and have little credit cards painted all over the boat. After about half a second at least eight people just bust out laughing. If looks could kill I'd been dead for sure. I merely smiled and said, "well you were asking for ideas" that's just mine. And walked away chuckling to myself. Within 15 seconds the "richardhead" was alone with his toy.

I love this obsession so much, I even smile when idling through a three mile Manatee Zone.

One more thing, "the good people will ALWAYS win"....
Old 01-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

"NEW MONEY" that just buy there way in the don't have respect for people that have either been doing this along time or are just barley able to have a nice boat. They go out and spend 300G's on a new boat and think they are king $hit. Well they can go screw themselves. I say this all the time , in boating and racing , when there little trip into performance boating is over be it because the stock drops or they get run out of town, I'll still be here because this is all I have ever wanted to do. I am suer the Dietz's will be back , once it's in your blood you can't turn away too long.[/QUOTE]

And lets dont forget the mess ups that they cause so the insurance companies can trickle the price hike down to us.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
OK .... enough of the eulogies !!! He aint dead yet !!! Just go to Kelley's on Sats. and Suns. and pay your respects !!!

Now ... who's gonna buy that friggin boat ???

LMFAO
Old 01-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

So I guess this means I won't be getting new WickedWon t-shirt this year.

Maybe you should put the extras on auction at E-Bay
Old 01-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Usnik
So I guess this means I won't be getting new WickedWon t-shirt this year.

Maybe you should put the extras on auction at E-Bay
I've got a couple of the 2005 cardigan sweaters ( good for mall walking ect... ) I can give ya .

Whats up Dano ?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

I was thinking on Framing my WickedWon T-shirt.

It's a classic, same as the boat...........

Unless WickedWon will let me order reprints over the years ??

Cougarman
Old 01-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

WickedWon T-shirt........

Like the one Jim is wearing here !

The Black T-Shirts are Cool to, just like the Cool Black Dash that scares everyone!

Cougarman
Attached Thumbnails Yup, We're Done.-p7090015.jpg  

Last edited by CougarMan; 01-09-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:37 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear this. Always admired your boats..all of them! I know what you mean about the attitude of some boaters anymore. We have been participating in the bigger poker runs on the upper chesapeake bay for about 4-5 years and it's getting old. This year we are going to tone it down and do the smaller runs that the CBPBA have. Hell we may do a dinghy poker run on the Middle river. Time to get back to the real fun of boating!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Registered

AZZHOLES 1

GOODGUYS 0

You could almost see this coming. Hope you get the itch again soon. Then you'll be able to use Jerry's R&D!

Hey Cougarman, might be time for a ride to Coopersville! Maybe they'll take a trade in.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BGIII

You could almost see this coming. Hope you get the itch again soon. Then you'll be able to use Jerry's R&D!
Now that would be a SWITCH !!!

Quick Reply: Yup, We're Done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.