Like Tree0Likes

Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Old 01-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
Default Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Me too
Old 01-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Registered

My Boats: NorTech

Let me know when you guys are comin ..Ill throw some steaks on the grill and we can go out and scare the crap out of all the codgers
Old 01-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

Can you imagine, 75 offshore boats, with at least 60 with "open" exhaust???
Old 01-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

My Boats: NorTech

Its a big lake ..wouldnt realy be too outrageous ..It used to be super loud around here before the noise law.. I used to drive a sidewinder jet boat , LS6 450 HP with open headers.. They had an Offshore race here for a few years until the sponsor backed out ..

Last edited by Pantera1; 01-22-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Registered

Wink Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera1
Ive been on that site for years .. Hes a joke ..god forbid you disagree with someones point of view.. Its my perogative to speak my mind ..I feel sorry for those that are intimidated by the facts , and only choose there narrow mindedness as truth ..
Oh please do not group me with outlaw ..he is a bully

Well here I am, another from Winni.com venturing into the dark side Do I have to make my "bones" first or can I disagree with Pantera1 right now ? I doubt I'm considered part of the good ole boys network (@Winni.com) and yet I've had more than a few clashes with people over there. I think I've had only 1 post censored by Don. When the forum was rebuilt I believe there was conscious decision to reduce the snide comments and barbs that were common in the old Winni Forum. To that end it has, shall I say, a different "culture" than here. Now I'm used to a little back-n-forth when discussing any given topic but some people aren't. To that end I think Don has tailored his (yes it is his, he owns it, it's his playground) website for those people. This doesn't bother me at all, frankly there's more than enough barb tossing these days IMHO. That said I do think there was some misinterpretation of FO's comment bout "keeping APS in line". I figured it pretty much the way it was intended (presenting a differing opinion) but I guess it's like parents when the kids are screaming at each other - Dad says "you all just shut up !" and there's not much judging as to who started it. (I recall an old Bill Cosby routine along this line)

Anyway just thought I'd follow (Winni) RG and b8caster over to the "Mafia" website. Too bad the SL thread got closed before I could fire salvo #2. No doubt I'll get another chance as I'm sure the issue won't go away as the lake gets more crowed.

ps - newbie (me) comes to the forum regulars and spouts off ... hows it feel (all thought processes aside) ... maybe Don felt the same way ? It's one thing when a bunch a regulars get together to shoot the s..., err ... crap. Everyone knows each other well enough to not get insulted, but when coming to a new place ... well ...
Old 01-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2003 35 Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Can you imagine, 75 offshore boats, with at least 60 with "open" exhaust???
Im in... we need a OSO flag for the pace boat!!
Old 01-23-2005, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2003 35 Executioner

It's one thing when a bunch a regulars get together to shoot the s..., err ... crap. Everyone knows each other well enough to not get insulted, but when coming to a new place ... well ...[/QUOTE]

Its ok yoy can say Szzit here
Old 01-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownincome
Im in... we need a OSO flag for the pace boat!!
I have a HUGE OSO banner. But who is going to make up the Marine Mafia sign?
Old 01-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

Mee-N-Mac: The only think that we do to new guys around hear is scrutenize their posts a little more. Like if a guy comes in with no posts and says that Lake Cumberland Marine sucks, we question that. New memeber, Old memebers there are always HEATED debates that go on on this site, this thread included. I still say that is people can not go back and forth, even back and forth with firm belief that they are right it is fine. The issue with most of the against power boater people over there is that they present NO evidence to thier claims. They just do not want loud boats on the lake so they will do ANYTHING to stop it. Very sad really because typically we tend to be the safest groupe of boaters after bass boat fishermen.

Jon
Old 01-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
Well here I am, another from Winni.com venturing into the dark side Do I have to make my "bones" first or can I disagree with Pantera1 right now ? I doubt I'm considered part of the good ole boys network (@Winni.com) and yet I've had more than a few clashes with people over there. I think I've had only 1 post censored by Don. When the forum was rebuilt I believe there was conscious decision to reduce the snide comments and barbs that were common in the old Winni Forum. To that end it has, shall I say, a different "culture" than here. Now I'm used to a little back-n-forth when discussing any given topic but some people aren't. To that end I think Don has tailored his (yes it is his, he owns it, it's his playground) website for those people. This doesn't bother me at all, frankly there's more than enough barb tossing these days IMHO. That said I do think there was some misinterpretation of FO's comment bout "keeping APS in line". I figured it pretty much the way it was intended (presenting a differing opinion) but I guess it's like parents when the kids are screaming at each other - Dad says "you all just shut up !" and there's not much judging as to who started it. (I recall an old Bill Cosby routine along this line)

Anyway just thought I'd follow (Winni) RG and b8caster over to the "Mafia" website. Too bad the SL thread got closed before I could fire salvo #2. No doubt I'll get another chance as I'm sure the issue won't go away as the lake gets more crowed.

ps - newbie (me) comes to the forum regulars and spouts off ... hows it feel (all thought processes aside) ... maybe Don felt the same way ? It's one thing when a bunch a regulars get together to shoot the s..., err ... crap. Everyone knows each other well enough to not get insulted, but when coming to a new place ... well ...

M&M, welcome to the "dark side" we have poisioned yet another mind, hahahhahahahahahhahahahha (maniacial laugh attempt)

Seriously welcome. As you will no doubt discover, we have a great time over here. I appreciate the fact that you were able to properly interpret what my line meant about "keeping others in check". I've gone back and reread that time after time after time and I cannot fathom how Don thought that I was "straghtening out" anyone. I have come to the conclusion that he merely put his own spin on it in order to place me in the "moderatated group". And what really frosts me is that he let BearLover, AcresIdiot, and JDeere slam the he!! out of me and yet they got nothing. I even apologized to BearLover about the joke about children. Now that is definitely a case of playing favorites. I fully realize it is HIS Forum and as he told me in an email, it IS NOT a democracy. However, if one cannot post opposing viewpoints without the constant threat of either cencorship or being placed on "double secret probation" what kind of reasonable nonpredjudical Forum does he think he's running. To put me on "moderation" for what I did was just plain wrong. And what I post in THIS Forum is my business. When in HIS FORUM I played by his rules, better than the three mentioned above AND OTHERS, and yet I'm the one that called into the principal's office. That was NOT right. And while, as I have said, I thought Don did a decent job of allowing the Thread to run it's course, he lost a lot of credibilty by putting me "on notice" and not saying anything to the others.

If he doesn't want differing opinions, posted, PARTICULARLY when NO valid rebuttal is offered, he should just call it the "Lake Weenie" Forum, if your not a weenie you're not welcome here, which is certainly his right. But don't say it's an open Forum, as long as your respectful, because I was and I got tossed into the group, for merely voicing a different opion which upset the "status quo".

Damn good thing THOSE people weren't with George Washington in 1776 or we'd still be paying taxes to England.

And again, welcome to our Forum. I hope you enjoy it.