Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!! >

Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Notices

Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Old 01-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Offshore Observer

Default Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

I can’t believe you suckered me into upgrading to the Gold Membership. You should be paying ME to be here! LOL. What a way to drive a photo junkie crazy, post pictures she can’t see! I think I’ve been had.
Originally Posted by CMG
Look around the site, there is nothing useful there what so ever.
Thanks CMG. Have you noticed that I’m the top poster over there?
I want my money back! LOL
BTW, sweet rides everyone! I would absolutely be thrilled to take a spin some time. No going out of your way for me though. Maybe I can return the favor by taking a picture of your boat zooming down The Broads.
I’m just a rookie amateur. Who knows what you’ll get, but I do get lucky sometimes.
Hi Mee-n-Mac! Glad I’m not the only one drawn to the Dark Side!

Last edited by Offshore Observer; 01-23-2005 at 11:10 AM.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:14 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Offshore Observer
...What a way to drive a photo junkie crazy, post pictures she can’t see! I think I’ve been had.....:
Look forward to seeing you in Uncensored, its where all the kool people let it hang out / I mean hang out.

So now that you can post pics, give 'em up!
Old 01-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Offshore Observer

I just tried uploading a photo to go with the "Who's Boat Is This?" thread, but something is wrong with the photo post server. Another time I guess.
Does Gold Membership get me where I want to be?

Old 01-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
Well here I am, another from Winni.com venturing into the dark side Do I have to make my "bones" first or can I disagree with Pantera1 right now ? I doubt I'm considered part of the good ole boys network (@Winni.com) and yet I've had more than a few clashes with people over there. I think I've had only 1 post censored by Don. When the forum was rebuilt I believe there was conscious decision to reduce the snide comments and barbs that were common in the old Winni Forum. To that end it has, shall I say, a different "culture" than here. Now I'm used to a little back-n-forth when discussing any given topic but some people aren't. To that end I think Don has tailored his (yes it is his, he owns it, it's his playground) website for those people. This doesn't bother me at all, frankly there's more than enough barb tossing these days IMHO. That said I do think there was some misinterpretation of FO's comment bout "keeping APS in line". I figured it pretty much the way it was intended (presenting a differing opinion) but I guess it's like parents when the kids are screaming at each other - Dad says "you all just shut up !" and there's not much judging as to who started it. (I recall an old Bill Cosby routine along this line)

Anyway just thought I'd follow (Winni) RG and b8caster over to the "Mafia" website. Too bad the SL thread got closed before I could fire salvo #2. No doubt I'll get another chance as I'm sure the issue won't go away as the lake gets more crowed.

ps - newbie (me) comes to the forum regulars and spouts off ... hows it feel (all thought processes aside) ... maybe Don felt the same way ? It's one thing when a bunch a regulars get together to shoot the s..., err ... crap. Everyone knows each other well enough to not get insulted, but when coming to a new place ... well ...
Hey welcome you and mac .. The people here are all "real".. As far as don and his "conform or be gone site" He can kiss my rosy white irish A$$.
I pitty people that think they need someone censoring and moderating a written conversation so as not to harm their delicate sesibilities..
I never used foul language or threatened anyone , just presented the facts .. He somehow feelt this was antagonistic
Im the kind of person that If you tell me not to do something, im going to do it even more.. I dont like "controllers"
I went by "HUH" over there ..If you go back and look at my post im sure you will find that I always tried to present the facts , if not just so I could get my posts put up ..Belive me there were plenty of post that got censored because I had said what I realy felt ..
Hey Don , you reading this ?? Grow a set !!!
Old 01-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts
Smile Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Can you imagine, 75 offshore boats, with at least 60 with "open" exhaust???
Yah,and I can imagine another proposal to throw us off the lake as well.Alot of people visit the lake and alot of them install mufflers,even if its for one day.Mike Fiore was up last year with XXX and he had mufflers for the day.I think that anyone visiting should do the same.It will make our life alot easier the next time we have to face one of these nonsense law proposals.

Last edited by pm203; 01-23-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Yah,and I can imagine another proposal to throw us off the lake as well.Alot of people visit the lake and alot of them install mufflers,even if its for one day.Mike Fiore was up last year with XXX and he had mufflers for the day.I think that anyone visiting should do the same.It will make our life alot easier the next time we have to face one of these nonsense law proposals.
Well the last thing I want to do is cause my "offshore brethren" any more problems, you certainly have enough of those up there already. Asking, or expecting, "regular" people to put on an expensive set of mufflers for one day seems a bit much unless of course you want to provide the mufflers. So in order not to cause you, or anyone else more problems, I'll just choose to stay off your lake.

The whole crack about 60 boats with open exhaust was a joke, just one of many on this thread. Apparently a lot of people up there don't understand what humor is.

FYI, if you see a "smilie" at the end of a post it usually denotes there is humor involved.

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 01-23-2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Formula I think he knows what you were saying but as you can see those guys over there will take quotes out of context to forward their AGENDA.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Formula I think he knows what you were saying but as you can see those guys over there will take quotes out of context to forward their AGENDA.
Jon, you ain't lyin about that. You'd think that by putting a smilie at the end of that post about 60 boats with open exhaust, people would REALIZE it's a joke. Must be a sign up there somewhere that says: Welcome to Lake Winnie, please leave your sense of humor at home....

Down here we don't need to run mufflers. 90% of the offshore boats down here run open exhaust. They don't hassle us at all about it. I rather doubt that a visiting boat from out of state running open exhaust for one day would make the Earth rotate backwards for these people. But I damn sure am not going to go out and spend eighteen hundred bucks for a set of mufflers to run for one day and I also think that people have a lot of nerve to even suggest that. If running no mufflers for one day is going to cause THAT BIG a problem, screw it, it's just not worth the hassle. I enjoyed very much boating on Lake Winnie in my 242 with twin small blocks with open exhaust back in the early/mid 90's and never got hassled. But not enough to lay out that kind of green to boat on it for one day.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn

Oh yeah, and that flat pisses me off.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:07 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Offshore Observer
I just tried uploading a photo to go with the "Who's Boat Is This?" thread, but something is wrong with the photo post server. Another time I guess.
Does Gold Membership get me where I want to be?

Are you clicking browse, selecting image and then clicking the upload button to the right??
Your pic could be too big and needs to be re-sized.

Quick Reply: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.