Like Tree0Likes

HP on pump fuel

Reply
Old 01-28-2005, 08:20 AM
  #11
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member
 
ONESICKGLADIATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Slowing down so you can catch up
My Boats: Working on something new
Posts: 703
Default Re: HP on pump fuel

Mecr is a big company that spend 5-7 millions dollars on R&D for there new 1075 engines that runs on pump gas. How come they did not make engines with 1200+ hp to run on pump gas. What I am asking is that if merc spend all this money on engine R&D and only came up with 1075 engines to run on pump gas. How do these others Engine guys build engines that have 1200 - 1600 hp to run on pump gas. I guest it is like putting 5 lbs of sh*t in a 2 lbs bag it will work for a few pulled on the dyno.





Rick OSG
ONESICKGLADIATOR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:48 AM
  #12
Registered
 
44MTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-Dock
My Boats: 08' 44 MTI
Posts: 3,128
Default Re: HP on pump fuel

The Merc's are still running Conventional style heads vs big chief style which I'm told is somewhere between 75-100hp difference. Also the mercs are very conservative on their HP ratings and their set-up. Those two things should put you pretty close to 1200+ Consider you 800's which I asume are pump fuel and Merc only makes a 525hp pump fuel n/a motor.
44MTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:42 AM
  #13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
39NAS-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rochester, MI / Marco Island, FL
My Boats: 1991 39' Express Cat 2004 Cigarette 42X (Sold) 2009 34 Jupiter CC 1995 65' Merritt
Posts: 426
Default Re: HP on pump fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
Mecr is a big company that spend 5-7 millions dollars on R&D for there new 1075 engines that runs on pump gas. How come they did not make engines with 1200+ hp to run on pump gas. What I am asking is that if merc spend all this money on engine R&D and only came up with 1075 engines to run on pump gas. How do these others Engine guys build engines that have 1200 - 1600 hp to run on pump gas. I guest it is like putting 5 lbs of sh*t in a 2 lbs bag it will work for a few pulled on the dyno.





Rick OSG
They want turn key every day no worries motors. Where other companies are ok with turning it up a notch to get you more hp out if it. Who makes 1600 on pump gas?
Hunter
39NAS-T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:30 AM
  #14
Michigan Mad Man
Racer
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ruby, Mi
My Boats: Crockett Marine Engines - OPA Class 6 Champions 2007
Posts: 1,172
Default Re: HP on pump fuel

We built some 721ci engines with 16:71 Littlefield blowers,Olds heads,innercooled,and Kinsler electronic fuel injection and 16 injectors per engine 8 above the blower and 8 in the intake runners. The engine made [email protected] 5500RPM and 1300 ft # of torque on 93 octane gas. We built these engines 5 or 6 years ago.
TylerCrockett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:13 AM
  #15
Registered
Thread Starter
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: HP on pump fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
We built some 721ci engines with 16:71 Littlefield blowers,Olds heads,innercooled,and Kinsler electronic fuel injection and 16 injectors per engine 8 above the blower and 8 in the intake runners. The engine made [email protected] 5500RPM and 1300 ft # of torque on 93 octane gas. We built these engines 5 or 6 years ago.
How much boost?
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:06 PM
  #16
Registered
Thread Starter
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: HP on pump fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39NAS-T
They want turn key every day no worries motors. Where other companies are ok with turning it up a notch to get you more hp out if it. Who makes 1600 on pump gas?
Hunter
Who is Hunter?
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:25 AM
  #17
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
39NAS-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rochester, MI / Marco Island, FL
My Boats: 1991 39' Express Cat 2004 Cigarette 42X (Sold) 2009 34 Jupiter CC 1995 65' Merritt
Posts: 426
Default Re: HP on pump fuel

I am a college student who enjoys to go boating and put go fast items on things that move.
Hunter
39NAS-T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
BillR
General Q & A
6
05-05-2008 10:06 PM
HP500Hammer
General Q & A
15
01-30-2008 07:03 PM
jdub
General Q & A
7
03-26-2007 06:06 PM
BillR
General Q & A
4
02-06-2007 04:23 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.