Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LA Boat Show Highlights (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95520-la-boat-show-highlights.html)

sonic31 01-31-2005 01:54 PM

Re: LA Boat Show Highlights

Great job on the info, any sonics there bye chance, thanks again :cool:

LIOPA 01-31-2005 03:12 PM

Thank You......I am not sure thats the version NORDIC displayed I will check. How did the FORCE OFFSHORE V's look ...... They purchased the COLE molds and updaed the top decks and interiors as I understand.

Great coverage of the show !!!

Thanks Again

ONESICKGLADIATOR 01-31-2005 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Michael1

Sorry Al, I didn't bring my camera.

Can you go back with a camera and please take some pic's. :D :D

Rcik OSG

Michael1 01-31-2005 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by LIOPA
Thank You......I am not sure thats the version NORDIC displayed I will check. How did the FORCE OFFSHORE V's look ...... They purchased the COLE molds and updaed the top decks and interiors as I understand.

Great coverage of the show !!!

Thanks Again

I'm sorry, but I didn't know Force was debuting these new boats, or I certainly would have paid more close attention.

I honestly didn't give the West Coast builders as much attention, because they don't seem all that serious about true offshore. Force, Eliminator, and others sell open bows, and their cats have center pods - not a good design for the really rough stuff we have off the SoCal coast (especially the Ventura county area where I live). From a marketing standpoint, it's a real turnoff for an offshore buyer. They probably should market their true offshore stuff under a different brand, so people know what they are about, and that they are serious. The boats I saw from the west coast builders seemed to have great quality (the Laveycraft 30' really stood out for finish work comparable to a more expensive boat), and it would be nice to buy from a local builder. At this time though, they seem to be more focused on the Lake Havasu crowd (a shame).

Michael

Steamin Rice 01-31-2005 10:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics of my new boat, which is in the LA Boat show this year.. It is a 34' Shockwave built in Southern Cal.. This is a new model for them and they want to get more of them out there. The graphics are gelcoated in the mold - no paint...

Steamin Rice 01-31-2005 10:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Dash panel with Livorsi monster gauges and backside of dash panel..

Steamin Rice 01-31-2005 10:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
525 EFIs and more wiring behind the dash... All wires are run to terminal blocks, no butt connectors or splices are used anywhere in the boat..

Steamin Rice 01-31-2005 10:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cabin interior with vacuflush head..

I should be out on the water with this in about 2 weeks....

PhantomChaos 01-31-2005 11:41 PM

Steamin............I'll be sure to check that out when I get to the show...should I wear my black boots while eating a mustard filled hot dog and dark beer? :D :D

Michael1 02-01-2005 12:29 AM

Steamin,

That is some beautiful workmanship! How long did it take them to do the wiring?

The gel coated graphics really stand out, and it really has that extra shine.

Michael