Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LA Boat Show Highlights (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/95520-la-boat-show-highlights.html)

dkwestern 02-01-2005 09:21 AM

Re: LA Boat Show Highlights

Great looking ride Congrats. Rigging looks tight. :D

Steamin Rice 02-01-2005 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Steamin............I'll be sure to check that out when I get to the show...should I wear my black boots while eating a mustard filled hot dog and dark beer? :D :D

Nort, no problem.. Maybe you should get a large plate of nachos and some ice cream while you are at it... :drink:

Schweeng 02-01-2005 09:59 AM

S.R.

Nice boat! Can't wait to see it.

PhantomChaos 02-01-2005 10:29 AM

Hey Steamin......are those Trick Marine tabs?

Steamin Rice 02-01-2005 10:59 AM

The tabs are from Eddie Marine, as is most of the harware on the boat.. I do have a steering wheel that I bought from Trick MArine, but it's not on the boat yet... :drink:

Steamin Rice 02-01-2005 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Michael1
Steamin,

That is some beautiful workmanship! How long did it take them to do the wiring?

The gel coated graphics really stand out, and it really has that extra shine.

Michael

Michael, it took them about 1 week to wire the gauge panels, and about another week for them to complete the wiring on the inside of the boat.. I think they used approximately 947 zip ties in the process.. :D :D

hotlavey 02-01-2005 12:47 PM

Just a minor point here, Lavey's new boat is a 32, not a 30. The one they have at the show has twin 600 Mercs. They also make a 29 and a 2750 as well as a 26, a 24, and a 21. They do race off-shore and placed 2nd overall in the Factory 1(in a 2750) class at Key West. They will be racing this year in both Factory 1 and a canopy'd class(something "Lite's)

Michael1 02-01-2005 02:33 PM

Sorry about the mistake on the Lavey length.

They said five 600 Mercs had been built, and they had two of them. :D

The engine compartment had nice rigging. I asked them why they did not paint or gel coat the engine compartment since that seems to be the trend now, and they said they did not want to hide up any stress cracking.

The gel coat graphics were really nice, and the deck looked like a piece of glass.

Michael

EricT 02-01-2005 03:05 PM

Steamin, your boat is beautiful. Looks great. Congratulations, I know you have been very patient during the build. Looks like you will have your boat about 2-3 weeks before I get mine.

Michael1 02-01-2005 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Steamin Rice
Michael, it took them about 1 week to wire the gauge panels, and about another week for them to complete the wiring on the inside of the boat.. I think they used approximately 947 zip ties in the process.. :D :D

It looks fantastic, and I am sure it will give good reliability with that kind of installation care.

I really like the blue transom. That looks so good!

Congratulations, and enjoy your new machine.

Michael