Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who knows something about this 50' cat in the classifieds ? >

Who knows something about this 50' cat in the classifieds ?

Notices

Who knows something about this 50' cat in the classifieds ?

Old 02-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who knows something about this 50' cat in the classifieds ?

Ad says:
Description:
This boat was Don Johnsons race boat in the late 80's. We at ( Turbine Marine inc ) where in the proces of rigging the boat with T-53 Turbines for a customer. Due to financial reasons, the boat must be sold, as is, or we can finish the project for a new buyer. The boat can be rigged with any power, we never got futher than the glass and kevlar work. Call for futher details. Trades are welcome.

Can anyone give me some more info on it ? Who made it ? IS it fiberglass ? What power and drives was it ? what speeds did it run ? etc.etc.

here's a link to the ad:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-3373.html
Attached Thumbnails Who knows something about this 50' cat in the classifieds ?-warlock-cat-50.jpg  
Old 02-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who knows something about this 50' cat in the classifieds ?

That boat set the lap speed record of 123mph in the hudson river back in the 80s. I believe it's a one off, made of wood. No doubt it was raced by Don Johnson. Not sure of power or drives.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like it was built by Ultimate Warlock of Southern California. The name "Warlock" on the side is exactly how Warlock is for their logo. I think they are just Warlock Powerboats now. They have moved 3 times or so in the last 5 years. They have had alot of B.S. going on there also.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Warlock wasn't around when it was built. I think Richie Rich was going to run the boat before he ran out of cash.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe thats where Warlock got their logo from ??
Old 02-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe this is the 50' Revenge cat that Richie Powers throttled for Don Johnson about 15 years ago. I surveyed it at TNT and found 12 of 13 of the inner stringer braces fractured. It was running 4 Coyote 1000 hp engines with #6SSMs. If I remember correctly Warlock bought it right after my customer declined it. It is basically Kevlar and plywood. I think it was a good deal back in 1995 or 1996 at $120,000 asking with 4 extra engines and a custom trailer. Warlock ran it in Key West and blew the drive I condemned in my survey!
Old 02-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Registered

I saw it at American Offshore last winter. Kinda cool boat, but rough. Needs EVERYTHING, or it did at that time. Wood construction. make sure you get a survey.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I believe this is the 50' Revenge cat that Richie Powers throttled for Don Johnson about 15 years ago. I surveyed it at TNT and found 12 of 13 of the inner stringer braces fractured. It was running 4 Coyote 1000 hp engines with #6SSMs. If I remember correctly Warlock bought it right after my customer declined it. It is basically Kevlar and plywood. I think it was a good deal back in 1995 or 1996 at $120,000 asking with 4 extra engines and a custom trailer. Warlock ran it in Key West and blew the drive I condemned in my survey!
Thanks . That is a cool boat , but I figured it would be plywood . MAybe I should look anyway while I'm in Miami....

Thanks .

Oh, so you think it takes about 4,000 hp to do 120+ mph ?!!? Must be made of OAK !
Old 02-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

This deal was long before Richie Rich he had nothing to do with it. It last raced around 95 or so in Key West.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I can tell you this,.....If Turbine Marine is going to put their name on it and complete the boat it will be BETTER than new when its done + it will run faster than it has ever run.

John Aruda and his team are second to none in the preperation and rigging of a boat! PERIOD!

2 x t53's with water injection 1800hp per side....wow!!

Maximus

Quick Reply: Who knows something about this 50' cat in the classifieds ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.