Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Quad Rotor Whipple Efi Engine Builders? >

Quad Rotor Whipple Efi Engine Builders?

Notices

Quad Rotor Whipple Efi Engine Builders?

Old 02-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Quad Rotor Whipple Efi Engine Builders?

Originally Posted by open72
ahh mr know it all , why would it be in the kitchen

I built my first engine in the kitchen, I was 16 and was building a 429SCJ for a Gran Torino. The kitchen is the cleanest room in the house and my parents were on vacation. The engine stand left dents in the hardwood floor though and they figured out what had happened . I also did the home powdercoat i the oven once and washed a trans housing in the dishwasher(works great by the way) neither of those went over very well either though.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by vette131
zoom in on the valve cover & it says gt performance. who built that motor anyway????

hmm, i recall jassmans motors being at the same identical location not sooo long ago. why were his motors in the same kitchen???? huh ?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at least change the valve covers before you try to claim
you built them!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by vette131
zoom in on the valve cover & it says gt performance. who built that motor anyway????

I read Eric's post and no where did he say that Precision Marine built it.Also I have Eickert valve covers on my motor does that mean that Keith built my motor??You can buy valve covers from anyone.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Registered

do we need to see a picture of a gt performance motor
at precision marine?? we all know eric was trying to imply precision built it, unless he's cheerleading for gary teague
also now!!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Registered

The amount of words written regarding who 'builds' the best & biggest engines has been simply incredible. It seems loyalty to their particular 'shop' encourages people (oso members) to write almost anything, whether it be true, an exaggeration, incorrect or an outright lie.

Because Precision Marine has been mentioned by name, I feel it is important that those here know a bit about us.

We have been at our current location for over nineteen years. We are proud of our shop and abilities and invite anyone to come by at any time. They will see a full service facility with two bays with overhead winches, two engine 'kitchens' or assembly areas, a machine shop with a cylinder boring machine, power stroke honing machine, Magnaflux, lathe, head and block surfacing equipment, valve grinder, seat & guide machine, bridgeport, rod heater, large jet washer, glass bead machines, 50ton press, flow bench, injector tester and a 2000HP capable Dyno. We also have a stern drive shop with tools for TRS, Alpha, Bravo, XR, XZ and Sportmaster.

Our EFI expertise is extensive. We have EFI diagnostic equipment and software including scan tools, harness tester, sensor testers, and an electronic engine simulator that allows us to electronically 'run' an ECM. We have done custom EFI programming since 1989 and have clients across the country and around the world including Norway, Sweden, Canada, Mexico, Africa, England and France.

We have built engines for numerous APBA Inboard classes including 2.5L, Stock, 2.5L Mod, 5L, SuperStock and KRR. Mike Allen, son of PM Co-Owner Billy Allen has 23 National and UIM World Championships spanning 1991-2004 and was twice inducted to the Hall of Champions, all with PM power. Feel free to confirm this with APBA (586) 773-9700.

We specialize in supercharging engines with Whipple, ProCharger, Vortec and BDS blowers, and matching them with custom EFI programming specific for each application.

I mention all the above specifics not to blow our own horn, but because I feel that we are a company that not only builds or re-powers an engine, but can support and maintain the product as well.

If 27 years as a Certified Mercruiser Technician (LA609C) has taught me anything, when it comes to high performance engines and their numbers, the higher they get, the better the proof MUST be. When someone is going to spend upwards of 70K an engine, he better trust the numbers and the builder. For example, when we Dyno an engine, we try and recreate the conditions that will exist when in use like the fuel, alternator, water pump, exhaust etc. We factor as much of the environmental conditions as possible to give the most accurate numbers possible. When we tell the customer his engine Dyno'd at 1165HP, he can expect the same in his application.

We strive to have good working relationships with shops in and out of our area. I appreciate the knowledge and expertise gained from working with other builders and manufactures and give credit where credit is due. Yes, the engine in our 'kitchen' is a Gary Teague original that we are rebuilding and upgrading to a new EFI system. We are working with Carl Summers of GT performance to perfect the programming of the new MEFI-4 ECM. There are pictures on this site with engines ‘assembled’ by others that have also been in our 'kitchen'.

Watch for a new thread documenting the build up and testing of two new EFI 565's with Whipple Quads.

While we appreciate the support of our customers on this site, they do not speak for us. The owners and employees of Precision Marine will always claim to be so when posting to this site.

Mark Boos
Co-Owner, Precision Marine, Kenner LA

Last edited by Precision_Marine; 02-11-2005 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

just to clarify , with oso brothers , i went to a handfull of regional engine builders to find a crew that i felt i could respect , trust , and work with and know that if i " had " a problem , it would be diagnosted and resolved.

i also looked at the factors that would be involved with building and owning a high performance marine engine.

customer support as well as present and past satified customers .this is what mattered to me. i can honestly say that i "heard " it all. outrageous claims ,
un- acheviable goals , and flat out bull.

i can honestly say that OSO has been a wealth of information to me. i have come to the conclusion that when building a engine that you should get to know the builder, visit there facility , and ask for references. talk to other customers , and not just one , ask for a few , the more info the better . i would not look at a picture and send them a check.

i have had other OSO members who are also local claim that i was using a " mixed bag o parts" as well as used parts. well , in response to that remark ,engine builders do like to make money on parts. totally understandable.

being fortunate enough to have access to jobber price on my new parts, is totally understandable too.

as for used parts ,who wouldn't use a part that was useable. do you throw everything away? i think not. a good manifold should last , that's why you buy good parts in the first place.

when all was said and done , Precision Marine was the only local company i could respect and trust .

Open72

a Precision Marine client
Attached Thumbnails Quad Rotor Whipple Efi Engine Builders?-rx70002.jpg  

Last edited by open87; 02-10-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Precision_Marine
The amount of words written regarding who 'builds' the best & biggest engines has been simply incredible. It seems loyalty to their particular 'shop' encourages people (oso members) to write almost anything, whether it be true, an exaggeration, incorrect or an outright lie.

Because Precision Marine has been mentioned by name, I feel it is important that those here know a bit about us.

We have been at our current location for over nineteen years. We are proud of our shop and abilities and invite anyone to come by at any time. They will see a full service facility with two bays with overhead winches, two engine 'kitchens' or assembly areas, a machine shop with a cylinder boring machine, power stroke honing machine, Magnaflux, lathe, head and block surfacing equipment, valve grinder, seat & guide machine, bridgeport, rod heater, large jet washer, glass bead machines, 50ton press, flow bench, injector tester and a 2000HP capable Dyno. We also have a stern drive shop with tools for TRS, Alpha, Bravo, XR, XZ and Sportmaster.

Our EFI expertise is extensive. We have EFI diagnostic equipment and software including scan tools, harness tester, sensor testers, and an electronic engine simulator that allows us to electronically 'run' an ECM. We have done custom EFI programming since 1989 and have clients across the country and around the world including Norway, Sweden, Canada, Mexico, Africa, England and France.

We have built engines for numerous APBA Inboard classes including 2.5L, Stock, 2.5L Mod, 5L, SuperStock and KRR. Mike Allen, son of PM Co-Owner Billy Allen has 23 National and UIM World Championships spanning 1991-2004 and was twice inducted to the Hall of Champions, all with PM power. Feel free to confirm this with APBA (586) 773-9700.

We specialize in supercharging engines with Whipple, ProCharger, Vortec and BDS blowers, and matching them with custom EFI programming specific for each application.

I mention all the above specifics not to blow our own horn, but because I feel that we are a company that not only builds or re-powers an engine, but can support and maintain the product as well.

If 27 years as a Certified Mercruiser Technician (LA609C) has taught me anything, when it comes to high performance engines and their numbers, the higher they get, the better the proof MUST be. When someone is going to spend upwards of 70K an engine, he better trust the numbers and the builder. For example, when we Dyno an engine, we try and recreate the conditions that will exist when in use like the gas, alternator, water pump, exhaust etc. We factor as much of the environmental conditions as possible to give the most accurate numbers possible. When we tell the customer his engine Dyno'd at 1165HP, he can expect the same in his application.

We strive to have good working relationships with shops in and out of our area. I appreciate the knowledge and expertise gained from working with other builders and manufactures and give credit where credit is due. Yes, the engine in our 'kitchen' is a Gary Teague original that we are rebuilding and upgrading to a new EFI system. We are working with Carl Summers of GT performance to perfect the programming of the new MEFI-4 ECM. There are pictures on this site with engines ‘assembled’ by others that have also been in our 'kitchen'.

Watch for a new thread documenting the build up and testing of two new EFI 565's with Whipple Quads.

While we appreciate the support of our customers on this site, they do not speak for us. The owners and employees of Precision Marine will always claim such when posting to this site.

Mark Boos
Co-Owner, Precision Marine, Kenner LA
Well said Mark. Glad you finally came online to speak for yourself. I will give you a call as soon as I quit working too much and get to enjoy my boat. Still have all the new parts I bought from you a while back stored inside my house. If you know anybody that wants them they are for sale. At this point I am thinking about a complete engine from you when I do the upgrade.

Ron Cardinal