Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A word about Lip-Ship Marine..... >

A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....

Notices

A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....

Old 02-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....

what can i tell ya, when Mr. W speaks people listen.. kevin, pm me your work number. i need to call you and ask you about some 10 unit buildings in fl.. ill call you in the morning..
Old 02-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
what can i tell ya, when Mr. W speaks people listen.. kevin, pm me your work number. i need to call you and ask you about some 10 unit buildings in fl.. ill call you in the morning..
You seem to forget, you are not allowed in Florida, however, I can get you a pass from Jeb if you want to come see some prime swampland I have to sell.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it that piece across for your trailer with a double lot...
Old 02-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I have had nothing but good experiences with Phil. He is absolutely top notch in my book. When I went down there to look at the Top Gun back in 2001, he spent most of the day with me. That was the first time that I had met Phil in person. Even though I was buying a used boat that he probably was not making much money on, if any, he was very patient and treated me very well.

A year and a half later I contacted Phil to sell the Top Gun and to build the canopied Gladiator. Phil took the Top Gun on trade for what I originally paid for it and gave me an incredible deal on the Gladiator. Once again, he was great to work with and treated me incredibly well. We made several trips down there to see the Gladiator while it was being built and Phil always took great care of us.

One good example. When the Gladiator was nearly finished, we were planning to pick it up before they painted it to run it in Ft. Myers. Well to make a long story short, the Gladiator was not ready to go because we were missing a few critical parts from a few different vendors. It wasn't Phil's fault that the parts did not come in on time, and we knew that this was a possibility before we even left home. Well, even though our boat was not ready, Phil still hooked us up with a boat for Ft. Myers. He put us in touch with Tony from Rio Roses and we ended up taking Tony's center console to Ft. Myers from Lip-Ship. Tony met us there and we ended up having a great weekend. What more could you ask for?

Like somebody mentioned above, just like any other busy business person, I really don't think that Phil has a lot of time for yahoos, but if you treat him well and with respect you will certainly get the same in return. I have a lot of respect for Phil and I personally think that he is one of the best in the business. He is a no BS kind of guy and tells you how it is, good or bad. I like that. I have found Phil to be very easy to work with and to be 100% honest and straight forward. Phil really knows how to take care of his customers and if I was looking to buy a boat, one of my first phone calls would be to Lip-Ship.
Attached Thumbnails A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....-1.jpg   A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....-2.jpg   A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....-3.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 02-14-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
If your in business long enough some conflict might arise. There is two sides to every story.

If you haven't dealt with him Pantera I'd refrain from passing judgement...

I've said this before and stand by this;

Phil is

black and white and does not suffer fools a whole lot.

If you approach him I would make a point to do so when you are ready to buy and write the check if he quotes you a price you are comfortable with.

He has never misled me, always treated me as well as I expect and has an enormous amount of knowledge in performance boating.

His whole team is just as serviceable also namely Mauricio and his crew and the lovely Venessa.

If someone wants their butt kissed I would steer very clear from Phil however.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:21 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a simalar thing as that asshat phuckin guy met phil 1 time.. went with a friend to pick up his boat that was there on a sat. after hours.. the boat wasn't right and from what I hear and saw that is 200% unacceptable. friend calls phill and next thing I know 8 am ON SUNDAY he has all his top dogs there and made things right.. he knew I wasn't going to buy jack chit but I am typing this in my lip-ship t-shirt that he gave me.. first class all the way!!!! there is a reason he has the top rep he has..
Old 02-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Phil had a couple engines for sale a few years ago. A friend from out of town was interested in one, I went by to see them. At the price he was asking, I would have told the potential buyer here they are, take em or leave em.. Phil on the other hand had a mechanic come out to help me inspect and run them, insisted we run a comprression check on both engiines (Had my gauge, was going to anyway) and then kept stopping in to check on our progress. He even brought out two new sets of plugs to put in, said they worked better in that engine. I chatted with him quite a bit that day and since. Great guy, he knows I am not in his market, but always takes the time to say hi..
Old 02-15-2005, 06:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Put me down on the "Phil is a great guy" team!! Never bought anything from him, but met him a few times and he treated my wife and I with great respect. It was fun to see him give GL a mouthful about taking the Tiger out in some 6 footers!!

...and I don't want him to kiss my butt anyway, I get enough of that at work!!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:25 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by craig223
...It was fun to see him give GL a mouthful about taking the Tiger out in some 6 footers!!
There all his boats you know, he just let's you borrow them.

"Remember G.L. It's not an anvil"
Attached Thumbnails A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....-1243000phil3a.jpg  
Old 02-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

When we were looking for a used Top Gun, I had spent about a month in So Florida at just about every performance boat place down there. It was pretty disappointing to say the least.

In a sea of crooks and bull$hit artists, LipShip is the shining star. Phil wont feed you a line of crap and he only sells the best of the best. He has a genuine interest in this hobby and it's not all about the Benjamin's I was very interested in a used 'Gun from Phil but it had sold before I could get all my ducks in a row. Phil took the time to answer my questions about other boats that were for sale all over the country and in the end he hooked me up with a seller from LOTO. It was the nicest Top Gun out there within my price range. ..and Phil did not make a dime on this transaction, nor did he ask for one.

If I'm ever in the position to purchase a new Cigarette, you can bet it will be a Lip Ship Edition.

Kurt

Quick Reply: A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.