Notices

Miami Show TMP1600

Old 02-26-2005, 07:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Miami Show TMP1600

Great looking engines!
Huge horsepower, makes me wonder how much a 6a SSM can handle?
Old 02-26-2005, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Strap in guys.....you are also going to see one of the fastest 388 hustlers out on the poker run circuit this year that will be TMP powered coupled to Arneson's. It will be completed by the first of the summer.
Dont forget about the 39 Nortech with Staggered TMP 900's and Arneson ASD-6's, to hit about the same time.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 1600 is a race style engine. It is designed for those who've been running race gas engines with less power. The biggest benefit is that there's an engine monitoring system with a safe mode as well as full knock sensor. You're right several builders can build this much power, but we're doing it very reliably. As for the lifters, they're not Isky or X, we've worked with a manufacturer for 3 yrs testing their new offerings before they are introduced. In return for our testing, they develop custom sets for our large engines using the information gained by post 100 hr analysis. Each time we freshen a set of engines, the lifters are returned, inspected and the design is improved as needed.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jessel big wheels...they are not out yet..are they?? The 1 inch wheel??
Old 02-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Registered

I've actually seen lifters that had 2 rollers inside the lifter to dist the load.
1 thing I want to point out is the bigger the roller, the bigger the shafts, the bigger the axle brgs., the bigger the lifter, you add weight plain and simple. In a motor making big power you have more cam lift, more aggressive profiles, more spring pressure, and of course more RPM.
None of the lifters with anything bigger decrease the weight of the lifter. More weight is BADDDDD!
The Schubeck at least has a design to lower the weight , and use something no one else has tried.

Maybe you guys are with the wrong lifter company.

I hate to say if your the only one getting these super spytec lifters, that company selling them to you better have deep pockets if your the only one buying them.
How many motors have you sold?
If I was the company selling you the lifters I would be telling everybody how good they work so more people would buy them and I won't go out of business.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered

Buy the way what type of head gaskets are you using on that 1600? I hope you can answer this one, because I know about every kind of head gasket out there and if it will last at those kind of cyl pressures.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How do you make 1600 to 1800 HP with chevy style heads when the best Sterling piece can barely make 1500 with big chief [Pontiac] style heads?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
How do you make 1600 to 1800 HP with chevy style heads when the best Sterling piece can barely make 1500 with big chief [Pontiac] style heads?
Good point.

You can actually make that much with 23 deg. heads if the (blower- turbo) is big enough and eff. enough. I personally find it hard to believe the blowers their running would do anything over 1500 with those style heads and reasonable boost.
To make more supercharged HP you have to make more NA HP bottom line.
You can only make so much with standard port heads, no matter how much CI you have.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBODY
Good point.

You can actually make that much with 23 deg. heads if the (blower- turbo) is big enough and eff. enough. I personally find it hard to believe the blowers their running would do anything over 1500 with those style heads and reasonable boost.
To make more supercharged HP you have to make more NA HP bottom line.
You can only make so much with standard port heads, no matter how much CI you have.
In my experience, I havent seen an engine run efficiently over 1500 HP with gasoline.It was usually on alcohol or a mix.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
In my experience, I havent seen an engine run efficiently over 1500 HP with gasoline.It was usually on alcohol or a mix.
New technology is out, its amazing that you can get 100 plus hours out of a TMP 1400, break it down, anylize it, and throw away perfectly good looking parts. Ive seen it with my own eyes. Jeff

Quick Reply: Miami Show TMP1600

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.