Notices

Miami Show TMP1600

Old 02-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Miami Show TMP1600

Originally Posted by JCPERF
In my experience, I havent seen an engine run efficiently over 1500 HP with gasoline.It was usually on alcohol or a mix.
I've done many turbo motors over 1500 HP with race gasoline.
The size and eff. of the turbos and intercooler is the main issue. All the ones I've done run ice water intercoolers.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
New technology is out, its amazing that you can get 100 plus hours out of a TMP 1400, break it down, anylize it, and throw away perfectly good looking parts. Ive seen it with my own eyes. Jeff
You have 1400s?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
New technology is out, its amazing that you can get 100 plus hours out of a TMP 1400, break it down, anylize it, and throw away perfectly good looking parts. Ive seen it with my own eyes. Jeff
They should higher you as their spokesperson.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NOBODY
I've done many turbo motors over 1500 HP with race gasoline.
The size and eff. of the turbos and intercooler is the main issue. All the ones I've done run ice water intercoolers.
I dont doubt a turbo can make that.A blower motor probably robs about 300HP when making 1400HP when you have to turn a blower.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Registered

I dont doubt a turbo can make that.A blower motor probably robs about 300HP when making 1400HP when you have to turn a blower.
Good point and they don't have the option of ice water in the intercooler.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Registered

We have been working with several companies to develop engines that raise the bar. Two years ago, everyone swore that you couldn't make big power with a hydraulic roller. Now we're doing over 1400 that lives for 100+ hrs. These new engines are our latest attempt to better the sport by offering bigger more reliable HP. The boat will campaign around the country with these engines, where they will be put to the test. The majority of the components are prototype, but have yielded awesome results so far. We're not trying to compete with anyone but ourselves. We do this because we love the sport. The same reason all of you do it, and we commend, not criticize those who are doing the same.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by totalmp
We have been working with several companies to develop engines that raise the bar. Two years ago, everyone swore that you couldn't make big power with a hydraulic roller. Now we're doing over 1400 that lives for 100+ hrs. These new engines are our latest attempt to better the sport by offering bigger more reliable HP. The boat will campaign around the country with these engines, where they will be put to the test. The majority of the components are prototype, but have yielded awesome results so far. We're not trying to compete with anyone but ourselves. We do this because we love the sport. The same reason all of you do it, and we commend, not criticize those who are doing the same.
I am not criticizing, I was am curious how you guys make these numbers when every big engine builder in the country cant come close to those numbers with chevy style heads.I have been in this business for a long time and see the latest technology.At Zuls, we have had pretty much every top engine builders motors on our dyno [Mercury,Cobra, Sterling ETC] and these #s you proclaim are whey out of this world.I am just wondering what boat everyone missed and how you guys make this power with the parts you have and how they live 100 hours on top of it.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Registered

I am not criticizing, I was am curious how you guys make these numbers when every big engine builder in the country cant come close to those numbers with chevy style heads.I have been in this business for a long time and see the latest technology.At Zuls, we have had pretty much every top engine builders motors on our dyno [Mercury,Cobra, Sterling ETC] and these #s you proclaim are whey out of this world.I am just wondering what boat everyone missed and how you guys make this power with the parts you have and how they live 100 hours on top of it.
good question???????????????????????????
Old 02-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

Smile Re: Miami Show TMP1600

Originally Posted by NOBODY
They should higher you as their spokesperson.
lol...
Old 02-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Registered

what componets are prototype other than the lifters?

Quick Reply: Miami Show TMP1600

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.