Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts >

Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Notices

Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Old 03-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Fountain has to get the speed record and keep it because it's the ONLY thing they would have over OL.

I am sure most of us have looked at boats both have built and the OL is by far nicer.

OL has to get the speed record because they cost so much and they want to say they have the fastest best built boats thats why they cost so much.

It will be fun to watch until somebody gets hurt, I would like to see builders like Nortech, Cig, Skater and a few others that could build a boat to go that fast jump into it and mix it up a little. It gets a little boring watching the same two fight all the time.

Maybe if they wern't doing this OL wouldn't cost so much a take 2 years to get, and customer service at Fountain wouldn't suck so bad.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Registered

Why should the brand of boat matter?Is the hull even touching the water at those speeds?

Last edited by fastboatfan32; 03-06-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Registered

For the cost of a new 39 OL with 1075s versus a 42 Fountain with 1075s.... The OL should be twice as fast.

....and customer service boils down to your Dealer 999 times out of 1000.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:19 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm back. this sounds fun.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not recieved from your straight line racing........show us yours Mike.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by fastboatfan32
Why should the brand of boat metter?Is the hull even touching the water at those speeds?
EXACTLY!
Old 03-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Registered

Now I realize why the boats are so expensive,the customers are paying in the longrun...............you think 170 pus mph boats grow on trees?
Old 03-06-2005, 06:11 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

i think thiis thred is wondering as all threds do on oso ttt, but the article was to just show ol was going for a new speed record. this is not about reggies "RUG" blowing offcor him in a canopy, or who could win in reggies sand box (time to grow up he still plays in sand boxes ttt) and just for info thats all. like i said and others said no one get hurt and lets all play together.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Listen until Outerlimits get a World of National Championship in the Offshore circuits of today this whole speed issue is a dead issue.
Didn't DJD and Marcus win a championship in at 37' OL named WildChild a few years ago?
Old 03-06-2005, 07:54 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Who cares how fast you can go in a straight line???? Until then enough about the straight line speed runs. Its stupid and is not helping out the marine insurance industry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this mean the racers of inboard and outboard drags should all stop racing???

Should have the NHRA cars stop racing when they broke the 200mph mark???

Tracie,

I know you are partial to Fountain because you were crew chief for Shockwave a few years back, but honestly, without manufactures pushing their boats to the limits then we all lose the innovations that come with it.
Do you think we would have canopied boats if it weren't for the people learning from their mistakes?
Do you think we would have the handling of these offshore boats that we have today if it were not for them being put to the limits?

Back in the earlier days it was just a few designs and one by one they were splashed off the other. No new designs, just a different name on the same hull design.
Today, we finally have people trying to improve the designs and make them more effecient.
Who are we to tell them to stop?
Hell, I would rather get my boat to go fast and handle well than worry about how it would do in the rough.
Most customers will not be out on a race course in the first place. So if Reggie and Mike can improve the handling for the everyday user by doing what they do, then I say let them go for it!

As far as insurance? The companies make their own rules as they go along. They know who and what is the worst risk out there and will charge them accordingly if they choose to insure them. I wouldn't sell them short. They are smarter then some might think.

Do you think it helped the cats back in the 90's with all the incidents those boats were involved in on the race course?
Whether you run in a straight line or in a circle, it just won't matter. The insurance companies will do what they want.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.