Default Re: hello-new to oso

Originally Posted by masher44
Ok... Powerquest boats suck....
I agree. So do Spectre cats.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to OSO! We are recent new members too. The members have been very nice and it is a cool website. We are from Michigan originally too and I know alot of members are from around St. Clair Shores. Enjoy! Where abouts do you keep your boat?

Originally Posted by pwrquest380
hello,

I am a new member to oso. Everything looks really cool.
I heard on the other sites that this board has a lot of negetivity and people who bash others.

What are the generally feelings here? I would like to know before i pay for a membership. LOL

I would appreciate any info...

I am glad to give this trial a shot, I boat out of st clair michigan, actually port huron most of the time, any other members from that area?

I hope this is a great place to spend the of season, I am new to this whole internet boat sites....seems real neat!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pwrquest380
Welcome to OSO it is a great site and alot of fun to visit when it is cold outside. You might as well pay for a membership heck it is only 20 to 25 gallons of fuel. By the way I take it you own a PQ 380, give us the states on it. Mine came from up that way itself, seems like a nice area.
Talk to you soon.

Rich
Old 03-07-2005, 10:08 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok... Powerquest boats suck....
Fallin' out of my chair!!!! This is the way it happens most of the time.......you are being initiated!!
Old 03-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One other thing. Whenever you hear of a boating accident. Immediatly get on this site and speculate... Thats right, speculate. Talk as if you designed the boat, built the boat, new the driver, talk with that family, pull everyone to shore, headed the investigation, and found certain blame... this especially goes for stepped hulls and cats.

Post lots of picks.

Add 7 mph to your boat when talking abot it on this board.

Threaten Packenair!

Join SCOPE (I dont care if you dont boat in SOCAL... We are just better is all).

Dont comment about Norty's height (He is a madman with photoshop and will add your picture to something you will not want it added to).

Dont disagree with WASABE (She has pull with the big boys)

And it is customary for newbies to send $100.00 cash to a ranome member who's screenname is hard to understand.

Welcome!
Old 03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Registered

Talking Re: hello-new to oso

Welcome to the board. Sean H has it right except it's Cigs and GMC Duramax

Photoshop is very handy to have if you join OSO.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Registered

Talking Re: hello-new to oso

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
One other thing. Whenever you hear of a boating accident. Immediatly get on this site and speculate... Thats right, speculate. Talk as if you designed the boat, built the boat, new the driver, talk with that family, pull everyone to shore, headed the investigation, and found certain blame... this especially goes for stepped hulls and cats.

Post lots of picks.

Add 7 mph to your boat when talking abot it on this board.

Threaten Packenair!

Join SCOPE (I dont care if you dont boat in SOCAL... We are just better is all).

Dont comment about Norty's height (He is a madman with photoshop and will add your picture to something you will not want it added to).

Dont disagree with WASABE (She has pull with the big boys)

And it is customary for newbies to send $100.00 cash to a ranome member who's screenname is hard to understand.

Welcome!

Hey Matt,
I look forward to meeting you. I'll be wearing my rose colored glasses.

Ciao
Old 03-08-2005, 05:35 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and enjoy!

Get into the PQ section and tell us alittle bit about your boat

oh,,,this is the ORIGINAL and BEST site around....period.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

I hope that any girls I meet on this site don't have crabs, I am new to the whole internet dating boat sites....seems real neat![/QUOTE]

Stay away from:
JC Perf
Sean H
craig223

Be nice to:
Troutly

Dont listen to:
Hydrocruiser
Fund Razor

Get your posts ba$tardized by:
everyone
Hey!!!!

Welcome to the site
Old 03-08-2005, 06:57 AM
Registered

Welcome, OSO is what you make it, and I try to make the most of it. Through this site we have met a whole new group of friends who we see at poker runs, races, and parties across the country. Unil we became active in OSO we did not have many friends with OS now we can go almost anywhere and find a group to hang with.

In addition to the improvement of our social life we have bought and sold tons of parts. My husband has gotten a lot of free technical advice from leaders in the marine industry, and become acquainted with a lot of reputable marine services

If you stay a while you will find OSO has a lot of power in this community, and can do a lot of good . We helped sponsor a race boat in Key West, held a party that raised several thousands for the FL Hurricanes, helped launch some successfull new marine businesses (just ask Fred) and we even help warn people of who to steer clear of. If you're looking for a boat out of your area it always seems you can find someone local to check it out for you.

One of things that make me realize how passionate people feel about this site, is that it is often one of the first places they will come to tell of a death in their family, there own illness, and even if they have fallen on hard times. There is alway an outpouring of support and personal experiences.

Everyone kids and talks about the power of OSO and the OSO family, but it is true. Just read the threads about the parties, people will travel many miles for an OSO gathering; 450 in Key West, 300 at the Chill Out in VA, 250 or so at the Miami show. They are planning one in Philly now and one is happening this weekend in South Haven.

Like any family you will find a few bad apples, some one trying to stir the pot and a bit of fighting. But that just adds to the fun So once again welcome and it will be up to you what you get out of the site.
Donna
and by the way in case you are wondering that is not me in the avatar

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 03-08-2005 at 07:02 AM.

Quick Reply: hello-new to oso

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.