Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many parents let their kids take the boats out? >

How many parents let their kids take the boats out?

Notices

How many parents let their kids take the boats out?

Old 03-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How many parents let their kids take the boats out?

Originally Posted by 39NAS-T
The first boat I took out was our 21 Donzi with a blower that was fun then we had a 35 cafe racer that my dad let me take out. We sold both of those and on occasion he would let me take out our ocean and cruise it up to the cottage for the weekend. My dad has been very cool with us kids and I am going to be the same way. I think that it gives the kids something to look forward to and show their responsibality to the parents.

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Sick --- I can't wait for the day Taylor is driving the Nordic with Emily throwing Firewacks at other boaters!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Registered

OSG

Dude you have it made. A Gladiator for fun and a Buddy for serious fishing. When I grow up I want to be like you. Where is that picture taken? The keys?
What do you have for power in the Buddy?
Old 03-10-2005, 11:06 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Titan
OSG

Dude you have it made. A Gladiator for fun and a Buddy for serious fishing. When I grow up I want to be like you. Where is that picture taken? The keys?
What do you have for power in the Buddy?
Those pictures was taking in the Bahamas .

As for power I have a set of 1050 mann with a 30 knot cruising speed

RicK OSG
Old 03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OSG, he can drive the boat but can he pull his shorts up?
Old 03-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our father brought home an 11 whaler, i was 5 and my brother was 10 we ran that boat everyday. We always had to earn our spot in the boat, house chores, grades, respectfulness. we put vhfs in everything and my mom was home base and we would check in every hr. then moved up to a 13 when i was 14. we where always very safety minded. all the while he would watch over the helm of the 23 SeaCraft with 2 200 mercs that was a sleeper in its day, then the 18 donzi joined the family. I cant wait to share "it" with my family one day
its almost a right of passage
Old 03-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by RoseBudRacing
Our father brought home an 11 whaler, i was 5 and my brother was 10 we ran that boat everyday. We always had to earn our spot in the boat, house chores, grades, respectfulness. we put vhfs in everything and my mom was home base and we would check in every hr. then moved up to a 13 when i was 14. we where always very safety minded. all the while he would watch over the helm of the 23 SeaCraft with 2 200 mercs that was a sleeper in its day, then the 18 donzi joined the family. I cant wait to share "it" with my family one day
its almost a right of passage
Don't forget that 30' Sutphen boy

LS JR.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Sean H
OSG, he can drive the boat but can he pull his shorts up?
No doubt!! To this day I don't understand the hanging pants thing... would drive me crazy!
Old 03-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Registered

I have let my son go out in my boats three time on his own.

1st time after I let him & his friends go out I am sitting on the bank & watch my boat with the parks & wildlife boat following him it. Turns out I had not put the currrent sticker on it so they saw the sticker out. Second we had left our cooler of beer in the boat & they wanted to write up the kids for minors in possision. We had told the officers we had renewed registration but did not know what happen to it. Since his radio & phone were not working I loaned him my phone & he was able to check & see registration was current. Since he had watch the kid for a while & saw they were not drinking he let them/us off with a warning about removing the cooler before we let the kids out on their own.

2nd time. Sitting on bank & see my son coming back on the back of a waverrunner with no boat in site. He said motor just stoped running. Turns out he had a little race & for some reason the boat did not run anymore.

3rd & last time. Son comes walking up. He tells me the motor stopped running & he had boat towed to ramp. I had just patched the motor from the above to make it a few more weekends before I fixed it right. I just had to fix it right since I forget to tell him to baby it.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bobby,
i could never forget my sutphen, my brother still has the 13. hehe
Old 03-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i grew up on a lake my mother still lives there. at the age of 13 the neighbors would pay me to pull water skiers at there party's. that was great paid to drive a boat all day.

Quick Reply: How many parents let their kids take the boats out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.