Notices

Top 5 boat painters

Old 03-19-2005, 07:40 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: Top 5 boat painters

Here is my list: Paint & Vinyl Artists .

I see now I need to add a few! Thanks for the links.

I am quite surprised Cassatto Airbrushing hasn't been listed yet...
Attached Thumbnails Top 5 boat painters-fish_water.jpg   Top 5 boat painters-18apache.jpg   Top 5 boat painters-lg_icecrm.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 03-19-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:57 PM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can't forget our(Toledo's) own Glassdave.Mr Sikorski is capable of some awesome work.

Rob
Old 03-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boitnotts always does a great job for a good price. he is located in cincinnati ohio, and will be doing my 35zr if i can ever sell my 28zx.
http://boitnotts.com/
Attached Thumbnails Top 5 boat painters-boat%2520pics.png   Top 5 boat painters-truck%2520pics.png  
Old 03-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Registered

This is Mitcher T's latest creation. He did an awesome job on our boat and was great to work with.
Attached Thumbnails Top 5 boat painters-comp3.jpg   Top 5 boat painters-comp1.jpg   Top 5 boat painters-comp2.jpg  

Old 03-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
Is that your yellow/blue fountain? Ive seen a lot of work hes done, its nice stuff.

his boat is still solid white

kind of like the plumbers faucet leaking.....
No mine is in the classifieds for sale , reds , purples, yellows, checkered flag, twin 1100 Cobras, the boat you mentioned was one of Eddy Lauden, david did also paint it.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the comments and Pictures. I went with Chris Dilling for the design/creation of the paint scheme. We are then going to see who has availablity to paint it. I will post up some pictires of the graphics once they are finalized. It is going to be a one of a kind...
Old 03-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

David Morgan- Custom Touch Graphics
Attached Thumbnails Top 5 boat painters-iw4i2173_8x10.sized.jpg   Top 5 boat painters-photoglou.jpg  
Old 03-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

more
Attached Thumbnails Top 5 boat painters-mti.jpg   Top 5 boat painters-sunset-015.jpg   Top 5 boat painters-4080.jpg  

Last edited by TxHawk; 03-27-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ed
Joey Earl. Kangaroo Graphics. The originator of all these crazy paint styles on offshore boats. He painted all the original Apaches before Gail Paik. Boats like: "Only Rumors", "RDS APACHE", "Low Profile", etc...that helped put Apache on the map. Originally educated in commercial art, his designs were distinctive. One of the first to use "House of Colors" paint applied to boats, with fades that were perfection.Though he is pretty much retired now. Ed
i'm baaaaack!

It's true. I did semi-retire after my wife, Jody, died in 1998. The final straw that led to my hibernation was the constant abuse from Pat "Miller Lite" Houghey, now of Active Sonic Thunder USA. But he's okay once you get past the facade. At least he had the good sense to team up with Jay. And Frank.

Pat really does some fantastic collision work, though. Go see him when you back your BMW into your outdrive. (Seriously, he builds an incredible boat).

Honestly, I think that Chris at Grafik EFX does some solid work. I feel honored to even be mentioned with him and some of the other fine artists out there.

BTW, I didn't major in commercial art- i have a BFA in painting from The Memphis College of Art. Additionally, just to set the record straight, Gail was before me, but I did the first "Fine Art" crazy paint jobs on boats. The "Low Profile" 41 of Ken Denison (1988) was my first McManus Apache.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:57 PM

Thank You for not forgetting about Geo. Mike's gone but I still do top notch work like he has in the past.

My site is www.coolgrafix.net or www.geographicscustompaint.com

Again Thank You and see you around OSO and the odd race site.

Chris Diamond

Quick Reply: Top 5 boat painters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.