Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Go fast drug runner stories. >

Go fast drug runner stories.

Notices

Go fast drug runner stories.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Go fast drug runner stories.

A lot of people on here know a little (or a lot) about the subject at
hand. Bottom line, the game has changed, the old rules (Marijuana-venial sin, Cocaine-Mortal sin) have also gone by the boards. This is now the subject of myths and legends.......

T2x[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm. It's still sinful, at least around here.

Sad as it is to say, Law Enforcement has to play "Catch Up" with the different methods of smuggling. A buddy in the Coast Guard once told me about a freighter that had one engine (huge!) gutted and semi-filled with 'cain. I thought that was inventive.
I've personally seen it delivered via UPS and "mules" (car) from different points.
Sad to say, it's just not the priority it once was. Too bad, the wake from controlled substances creates unbelielvable damage both direct and collateral.
I guess that wasn't what you were looking for, huh?
I enjoy those tales from the 80's as much as anyone...
Old 03-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
A lot of people on here know a little (or a lot) about the subject at
hand. Bottom line, the game has changed, the old rules (Marijuana-venial sin, Cocaine-Mortal sin) have also gone by the boards. This is now the subject of myths and legends.......

T2x
Hmmmm. It's still sinful, at least around here.

Sad as it is to say, Law Enforcement has to play "Catch Up" with the different methods of smuggling. A buddy in the Coast Guard once told me about a freighter that had one engine (huge!) gutted and semi-filled with 'cain. I thought that was inventive.
I've personally seen it delivered via UPS and "mules" (car) from different points.
Sad to say, it's just not the priority it once was. Too bad, the wake from controlled substances creates unbelielvable damage both direct and collateral.
I guess that wasn't what you were looking for, huh?
I enjoy those tales from the 80's as much as anyone...[/QUOTE]
No the engine thing is cool, and you are right now it's all about weapons and things like that so the runners and dealers are probably sending thank you baskets to AlQueda for taking the heat off them.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered

Yeah, that's funny.

I have some funny stories but they have to do with the street level dealers and nothing to do with boats.
My wife gets on me about watching Miami Vice and fantasizing about the days that "Crocket and Tubbs" chased dealers in a fast boat.
Drug dealing and law enforcement has change tremendously since then.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Registered

I have to say the fast boats thru the 8o's were miami vice but the mother loads came in on commercial long line boats under 10 tons of tuna and swordfish and was unloaded right in front of gov officials and they never had aclue!!!! I was there on many occasion
Old 03-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

The only limit is their imagination.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Registered

WOW! cb
Old 03-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fordsofflease
I have to say the fast boats thru the 8o's were miami vice but the mother loads came in on commercial long line boats under 10 tons of tuna and swordfish and was unloaded right in front of gov officials and they never had aclue!!!! I was there on many occasion
and which team were you on?white hat or black?
Old 03-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CBR
Norman's Cay in the Bahamas...let's see who knows why it was important. <gg>
Turning the Tide is probably the most comprehensive explanation of the activities on Normans in the late 70s and early 80s. Also refers to a few of Carlos Lehder's boats. A red Scarab named Firefall and a Black one named Eliminator. Both 37s I believe. (Great story in there about Lehder burning up 454s by running Aviation fuel in them) Who knows where he is now. Depends on who you talk to.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:50 PM
yss
Registered

Originally Posted by ctadams21
Turning the Tide is probably the most comprehensive explanation of the activities on Normans in the late 70s and early 80s. Also refers to a few of Carlos Lehder's boats. A red Scarab named Firefall and a Black one named Eliminator. Both 37s I believe. (Great story in there about Lehder burning up 454s by running Aviation fuel in them) Who knows where he is now. Depends on who you talk to.

Is Turning the Tide a book? Where can I find it? Also, anyone know where I can get a copy of Speed Kills? Can't find it anywhere!
Old 03-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.piersystem.com/external/...cumentID=66110

Quick Reply: Go fast drug runner stories.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.