Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Go fast drug runner stories. >

Go fast drug runner stories.

Notices

Go fast drug runner stories.

Old 03-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Go fast drug runner stories.

yss -
on his recommendation I just bought both on Amazon.com. $6.00 for Turn the tides, and $30 for speed kills.
Turn the tides was used hardback, speed kills was used paperback - figure I'll buy the hardcover if I really like it ($100) and set it next to "the king of thunderboat row on my coffee table.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:07 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

9,500 #'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a weekend in Key West that would be.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:27 PM
yss
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
yss -
on his recommendation I just bought both on Amazon.com. $6.00 for Turn the tides, and $30 for speed kills.
Turn the tides was used hardback, speed kills was used paperback - figure I'll buy the hardcover if I really like it ($100) and set it next to "the king of thunderboat row on my coffee table.
thank you.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

wow i love this thread the best thread in a while atleast for me. i so wish i lived my 20's in the miami vice era like most of yall . magnum mark spit out some good ch*t i know ya have to know some

donz jr mike
Old 03-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Donz Jr. - I was in my teens, but a very cool time.
My Dad was a "cruiser boater", but I learned alot about Lake Erie.
And I read all his magazines cover-to-cover.
You are living a dream most of us didn't have the chance to, I hope you appreciate it.
You're a young man that has run a Cig - can't say I've ever done that, BUT I WILL!!
Old 03-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thedonz
wow i love this thread the best thread in a while atleast for me. i so wish i lived my 20's in the miami vice era like most of yall . magnum mark spit out some good ch*t i know ya have to know some

donz jr mike
i remember a story about a miami beach bartender a neuclear physisist and a geoligist.they all had rottwielers at a local dog show in miami one winter.in the competition the dog had to exibit what it learned from its master.well to make a long story short the geoligist dog went first.they gave him a box of dog biskits. the dog opens the box takes out the biskits and procedes to asymble the biskits into a terontasours rex.the crowd is very impressed.next the physist dog opens his biskits and does some long equation using the biskits.more applause from the crowd.next the bartender dog very carefully opens his biskits moves them into a pile and carefully grinds them into a fine powder makes two lines sniffs them fugks the other two dogs and calls in sick to work...............
Attached Thumbnails Go fast drug runner stories.-lusea.jpg  
Old 03-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the summer of 1980 I was approached by a guy named "Manny" to perform some routine maintenance work on his 36' Cigarette. The boat was a very dark green with no name, no cabin and one large center hatch in the foredeck. I think the engines were 400 Cyclones with #3 SSM drives.
Manny told me to do everything to this boat as if it were my own.
I did the complete service with oil changes, full tune-ups, impellers, etc.
Price was never discussed and he paid the bill with no question.

I didn't hear from him for a few months. I was pretty naive back then and I never questioned what a boat like that was for. I never asked any questions about it and I guess Manny liked that. He was very happy with my work and I assumed he had me checked-out, because the next time he called he told me what the program was and offered me $120,000 to ride along next time in case something needed fixing. I was married back then with two young sons and I just couldn't take a chance of embarrassing my family by becoming a criminal. Besides, what's cheaper, $120,000 or a bullet in my head and now I'm fish food?
Old 03-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Registered

I got a Miami Vice boat

Good thread BTW
Old 03-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
In the summer of 1980 I was approached by a guy named "Manny" to perform some routine maintenance work on his 36' Cigarette. The boat was a very dark green with no name, no cabin and one large center hatch in the foredeck. I think the engines were 400 Cyclones with #3 SSM drives.
Manny told me to do everything to this boat as if it were my own.
I did the complete service with oil changes, full tune-ups, impellers, etc.
Price was never discussed and he paid the bill with no question.

I didn't hear from him for a few months. I was pretty naive back then and I never questioned what a boat like that was for. I never asked any questions about it and I guess Manny liked that. He was very happy with my work and I assumed he had me checked-out, because the next time he called he told me what the program was and offered me $120,000 to ride along next time in case something needed fixing. I was married back then with two young sons and I just couldn't take a chance of embarrassing my family by becoming a criminal. Besides, what's cheaper, $120,000 or a bullet in my head and now I'm fish food?
ed were you working at everglades when the feds took over the marina looking for an escapee.whom i believe they apprehended at the marina.that might be a good story...............
Old 03-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yss
Is Turning the Tide a book? Where can I find it? Also, anyone know where I can get a copy of Speed Kills? Can't find it anywhere!
Turning the Tide is by Sidney Kirkpatrick. Check ebay and Amazon.
Speed Kills is by Jay Harris. Just bought a rough copy on ebay for about 20 bucks. The origional price when new was $5.95.

Anyway you may have to check back at ebay and amazon periodically since they are out of print and not always available.

Quick Reply: Go fast drug runner stories.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.