Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again.... >

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Old 04-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

This mite sound stupid,But when you talk about people that live on the water an think that the sounds of a boat are annoying,( loud or not) their boats -you chose to live on the water DA,I mean come on what a joke.

I hate golf...SO I think I want to live on a golf course and then for the rest of my life I will try to change the game of golf because it doesn't suet they way I want to live my life...

SAME SH!T.

I HATE the sound that sail boats make when their docked,
clang clang, pulleys against the mast.
The difference is I keep it to myself And I don't try to change it just because I think it annoying.

My biggest fear is that my son will never enjoy MOTOR boating like my dad and I did.He is 9 and I'm sure things will just keep getting worse.

I COULD TEACH HIM HOW TO SAIL ---- N O T .
Old 04-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Registered

Nicely said Moose.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by matawanakee
So Audiofn, who are you hurting when you unregister? APC will miss you. As I said before most people I know just ignore him or block his posts so we can go back and learn about our lake, look at pictures and long for iceout!

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts.
First off thanks for the explanation as to why your friend says that he is for the speed limit. I would have to see what he is talking about as I have never seen that. However, the boats that USSUALLY do that are smaller ones like a Hydrostream or STX's or the allike kinds of boats. They are doing it there as it is a smoother part of the lake and since it is smooth they can do it safer then out in the broads. I and most of us LIKE waves the bigger the better so for the most part you will see boats like what we have go from one end of the lake to the other. My experience anyhow and that is how I drive.

As for who I think I am hurting... Hurting some one is not my intent. I will not be a part of a board that deals out its moderating unfairly. He lets people that hate speed boats free will to say what they want, no proofe and in any manner that they want. He blocks all of us. Since he has choosen not to respond to any of my emails asking questions it shows that he has no iterest in me or my opinion so see ya. There is no need for me to bash my head up against a wall wondering if my posts will ever get posted. I spent quite a bit of time looking for links to refute every bit of Fat What evers post about MTBE's if fuel being brought in from other states. It was well writen and took me a bit of time. Then they decide for what ever reason we will never know it does not get posted. SO tell me WHY WAISTE MY TIME. My time is to valuable for some one to just decide to not post something FOR NO REASON other then they do not like me (and again I still can not figure out why I am moderated. Do me a favor and tell me what post in the last 4 days I put up there that that got me moderated because I sure as hell can not figure it out. I even commented for APS as to how he can better prime the water at his house!!! I put another post about that issue later and it never showed up People disagree all the time. Sometimes the disagreements get heated.
By the way for the MTBE's they are not used in any state that I know of so Fat Bastard claiming that we bring in MTBE's is another one of the lies that you will find over there amongst thousands.

Jon
Old 04-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lets also be perfectly clear as they have admitted it a number of times. This is not about making the lake safer. It is about removing GFBL's off the lake. They figure that if we are pulled off the lake all their problems will go away. Well I will still go there if there is a 45 mph speed limit and so will most people as in reality when you have a boat like we do then you do not ussually run it WOT all day long. Maybe a blast hear and there but for the most part it is under 45. So this bill accomplishes NOTHING to their goal except that they will have to hear people longer that would ussually go faster in the broads.

Jon
Old 04-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon little mark to diamond is huge.. I live in glendale ! you want to see busy ?? Cmon over here during the summer ..Speed is not the problem ...crowding is ! But some see a speed limit as a way to legislate a certain number of boats off the lake.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Registered

"Moose" welcome to the "dark" side....
What you stated is very accurate.

Jon, I understand your frustration. And I commend you on taking the stance that works best for you. I'm just too damned stubborn. I doubt if 50% of my posts show up over there. But it still makes me feel better writing them even if no one else ever reads them but Don. I've never been one who's been good at hiding my feelings. Like I've told my wife, if you have to ask me if I'm pissed, I'm not.

I only wish Don had "the sack" to let us post as freely as Acres of Idiots. I guess that goes with "family".

And I certainly agree that it's tough to have an intelligent conversation with someone who's "bubble" is not only "not in the center", but nowhere to be found.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

If that law ever passes,instead of removing my boat from that lake,I will make a 90+ run everytime I take my boat out.It is unenforceable.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here ..and if i find out where acres lives im partying and running my nice oily premixed 12 cylinders of two smoke right out front ...How da ya like me now ..oh ill have to pump up the tune system as well.
Jon I need a closet full of amps and some subs
Old 04-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Like I said:

ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL !!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Say bye-bye to my HPI mufflers.

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.