Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again.... >

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Old 04-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Don't forget it's "Quaker New England" up there. One of the reasons I left. Most people who make the rules think you should be all tucked into bed by midnight. So no late night bars, no this, no that, no fun...

The whole blocking of rafting is rediculous. They actually have "No rafting Zones" that are enforced.

It's too bad that the locals don't appreciate the people who bring in the majority of $$. If the boaters and tourists left, local people would have to sell squirel pelt coats for a living! Ok there are deer and moose around, but you get my point!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally Posted by jaybird

If the boaters and tourists left, local people would have to sell squirel pelt coats for a living! Ok there are deer and moose around, but you get my point!
How do you think Biggus pays for his Cig? You think he actually has a JOB?? Yeah... riiiiiiiiiiight
Old 04-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

aps need an azz whoopin baaad, what a pack of d*ck heads. man those winers really need to get a life. tree huggin losers. betty cook would puke if she knew that knob job aps is using her pic for his avitar...
Old 04-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put in my 2 cents over there!!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

OK. I posted finally. Goal: To get banned faster than anyone in the history of that site.

Here's what I posted:

Speed limits on the water are for tree hugging conservatives (these people usually own sail boats, right Acres Per Second??). I was considering a vacation to Lake Winnie this year... I have now changed my mind and will be going to Lake Champlain or Lake George instead. I would have brought a family of 4 (two growing and very hungry kids), one 24' GFBL that gets one mile to the gallon at 70 mph, one gas hog V-8 truck (how much gas do you think I might have bought at a local station?), and an appetite for all things touristy. But it seems that me and my family would not be welcome on Winnie due to the seemingly overstressed and underinformed general public (A.P.S. again??) I will not bring my hundreds, perhaps $1000's of tourist dollars to your area knowing that I am not welcome.

Oh, and Acres Per Second, if Betty Cook knew someone like you was using her race boat as an avatar, I'm sure she'd be dissapointed. You should be ashamed of yourself... hippocrite. I've been boating for 35 years, both sail and power. I choose to own a powerboat simply because it's more fun for me and my family. I am Coast Gaurd Certified in safety and navigation. I know the "rules of the road" for recreational and commercial boating. I'll bet most boaters on your lake don't. Yet you single out the boater with the fast, loud boat as the offenders in every case. I have to call BS on that. I know PLENTY of sailboaters like yourself who don't have the first clue about navigation. My 14 year old is probably a better boater than most simply because I've taught him to be. Also, you seem to be very good at pulling skewed statistics from the internet... congratulations!! You are the type of boater that gives the rest of us a bad reputation. Single minded. Closed minded. As one of my fast boating friends put it, a woosie.

I came to this site looking for information on Lake Winnipesaukee, where to stay, where to eat, where to have some fun. But all I find is threads like this one and another on banning rafting? Come on, get a life people!! Share the lake, contrary to what seems to be popular belief in your community, you do NOT own the lake and a public access is just that, public. If I want to put my fast, loud boat in Winnie, I can. But, I won't.

If you want to look me up, come to Lake Champlain in June.... that's where I'll be buying my gas, food, and hotel accomodations. Maybe the occasional stuffed animal moose for the kids too.... afterall, aren't our kids what it's all about???

We'll see how APS takes that when he reads it. It won't take long for them to figure out who I am either.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

That site seems to load very slowly. Must be too cheap to pony up for some real bandwidth.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Must be no one has noticed my post yet... I haven't been banned as of 9:30 a.m.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Registered

"Foul" I just read your post there. Congrats. I posted last night and again this morning but they have not shown up yet. I emailed "Herr don" and asked him what was up. It just drives me up a wall that if someone has a difference of opinion than the weenies, that we get shot down. He should change the name of that web site to [url]www.weeniewoosie/wherefreedomneverrings There are three threads over there we might want to keep track of, rafting, speed limits, and the noise issue.

I wouldn't mind a bit if about five thousand of us joined over there, not to protest the speed limits as much as protesting the one sides way that site is run. Just makes you appreciate OSO even more.

And I had no clue what those terms APS was using until he defined them.

Proud owner of a GFBL boat. FO
Old 04-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered

Man...you weren't kidding!!!!! Those people just don't have a clue!!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Winnis realy not that bad ..I live right across from the marine patrol and rarely get hassled.. Its just a few who think the lake and mountains etc should be like it was 100 years ago and want to blame it all on the performance boats. They havnt gotten there way as yet and lets keep it that way ..

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.