Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
TRS Outdrive Help Needed >

TRS Outdrive Help Needed

Notices

TRS Outdrive Help Needed

Old 04-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize this is an old thread, but who is MRD and how can I contact them? I'm looking to have a pair of TRS outdrives overhauled.

thanks!
Old 04-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Llc
Registered

Default Trs outdrive

I have never herd of them know nothing about them ther in strongsvill Ohio. I could do them but I sold all my shimming tools. I liked that drive rebuilt a lot of them handle 600hp are u just resealing them or gear damage? Bent shafts? I was thinking on getting back into it just for those drives I kick myself for selling my drive tools I was in that in the 1980s when they first came out Borg Warner and the Trs we bullet. Proof combo
Old 04-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Llc
Registered

Default Trs drives

Im thinking on re buying the tooling if I could do enough of them to be worth while takes me about 10hr for two drives complete no paint. That's all the shimming and Bering preloads reseal ill have to see about parts avail from merc don't like aftermarket and u joints. I have a few lower unit tools no top tools but ther avail from merc in 1980 you had to be a dealer to buy the tools no aftermarket tools now everbodys making them but if the guy using them is a lame brain your screwed. That's the problem every one thinks they can buy the tools and get after it gear sets and housings are expensive. In 18 years doing drives I only lost one upper gear set my falt dident glue in the quad ring on oil passage from top gear case to bottom working in gravel dident see it in a hurry. 350 bucks in parts and labor plus lift charge for a 150 dole waterpump job lol after that I glued that basted in
Old 04-06-2018, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an FYI, TRS lower gears have recently become NLA.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI MRD is no longer around. Been gone for a while. I have rebuilt many TRS, and with a little knowledge, experience, and all the right tools it's not hard. I believe you may be able to find parts with some effort. the gears are not the only parts nla. I haven't built any TRS in a while as there are not as many around anymore. last time I needed one the case was bad and I ended up found the guy a whole lower new.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by hantunca
I realize this is an old thread, but who is MRD and how can I contact them? I'm looking to have a pair of TRS outdrives overhauled.

thanks!

Riggs Marine in Wisconsin or Craig Colabella in Florida