transom thickness >

transom thickness

Notices

transom thickness

Old 05-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: transom thickness

she is a pain to deal with and had turned off alot of potentional new customers along wiht several long time customers. It's a shame cuase they used to build a hell of a boat and knew what they were doing. I can talk to some people for you, I used to do tech articles for Family and Perfoamce Boat Magazine. They deal with HTM and were actually given a boat to do all kinds of testing and articles on. I will see if anyone I knoe has any pull around there that might help you get this thing strightened out.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe when there mentioning this problem they can also tell them that the rest of there boats still don't meet the requirement and that should be a major concern to them. Could you imagine a total recall to HTM like automakers get nailed with, that would be a business ender for HTM!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 12:48 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
Maybe when there mentioning this problem they can also tell them that the rest of there boats still don't meet the requirement and that should be a major concern to them. Could you imagine a total recall to HTM like automakers get nailed with, that would be a business ender for HTM!!!
I would have thought she would have worked with me because of that fact the best offer she make was for me to tow the boat from Kansas to Cal. and fix it at cost.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
she is a pain to deal with and had turned off alot of potentional new customers along wiht several long time customers. It's a shame cuase they used to build a hell of a boat and knew what they were doing. I can talk to some people for you, I used to do tech articles for Family and Perfoamce Boat Magazine. They deal with HTM and were actually given a boat to do all kinds of testing and articles on. I will see if anyone I knoe has any pull around there that might help you get this thing strightened out.
That would be be great I have the boat that was used in HotBoat 2/98 and was in the Powerboat not sure on the date but here is a picture and it is my boat
Attached Thumbnails transom thickness-oso2.jpg  
Old 05-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

The above is from Power Boat mag.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:20 AM
Registered

Why can't the transom be less than 2"?

I can see that merc's bolts etc are adapted to a certain thickness, but the strength of the transom has to do with how it's built. What kind of plastic, armor, wood, etc. that was used.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:27 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin
Why can't the transom be less than 2"?

I can see that merc's bolts etc are adapted to a certain thickness, but the strength of the transom has to do with how it's built. What kind of plastic, armor, wood, etc. that was used.
The real problem with mine is or was that the transom was not flat or even besides being to thin. Also I am sure merc has a reason for their specs. Also saw the was the HTM fell apart at the LOTO shootout a couple of years ago so I do have concern about how safe the boat is

Last edited by KCHOTBOAT; 05-26-2005 at 02:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:57 AM
Registered

Yes the flatness could be an issue...

Another reason for correct thickness might be the length of the shaft (univ. joint). If the thickness is incorrect the shaft will be either too long or too short according to specs.